Can someone upload a video from a channel that was taken down?

markyboytheo

New User
Oct 29, 2014
I was wondering. My friend owned a YouTube channel where they would do escape videos. The channel got taken down because people thought the escaping was insinuating sexual content. The channel was taken down about two years ago, and my friend found out that someone has started to upload his videos. Was just wondering if this is even allowed or legal? Can he take action? Can YouTube take it down? Because my friend is very upset about this.

Thanks!

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Yeah i believe he can claim the content if it is his content... but im not totally sure how it works... sorry...

If he can claim the content he can monetize it for himself or block the content worldwide whichever he wishes

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Like what @Hail Kira said, you can file a complaint about it. There are numerous of articles online that'll help you with the situation. I think the best bet for your friend is to prove that he owns those videos by showing an edited version of the video or something, otherwise I think it will be difficult to convince YouTube otherwise. I'm sure they get thousands of complains about it, so make sure your friend has everything he needs to confirm those are his work.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I don't think he can do much unless he can prove well beyond a doubt that he's the original creator of the content.

Given that the channel hasn't existed for years, the odds are that he can't do anything.