Community Clickbait

Usgamers

Freedom! Member
Jan 19, 2015
YouTube
hdshowGFX
If you look at big YouTube channels you will notice something, most of them clickbait, the issue for me is the people who make 3 am videos/generic click bait videos , I want to understand why do people watch them, if you search 3 am you'll find mostly click bait video's, most of them are the same concept but they got crazy amount of views. Now if you could do this and get good amount of views why bother putting effort, videos like these deter people from making good content, why put time and effort into making a video only for it to be viewed by nobody. Some youtubers go on to do other things, using youtube as a way to show the world there talent/personalty, now it's covered with "calling the boss baby at 3 am". you maybe wondering how to solve this and I think sharing videos will help a lot, instead of saying you should get a million you should share there video, it goes a long way for creators,

I'm sure I've missed something, this is more of a rant then a constructive post however I want to know what you think, can YouTube change this or it's up to the algorithm. And what do you think we the viewers can do to promote good creators

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well they do seems to be cracking down on clickbait, increasing their proactive stance on potentially community striking channels which employ or use clickbait titles / thumbnail / tags etc. Really it just relies on the rest of the community to flag those videos / channels doing it to make the algorithm and system better.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
If you look at big YouTube channels you will notice something, most of them clickbait, the issue for me is the people who make 3 am videos/generic click bait videos , I want to understand why do people watch them, if you search 3 am you'll find mostly click bait video's, most of them are the same concept but they got crazy amount of views. Now if you could do this and get good amount of views why bother putting effort, videos like these deter people from making good content, why put time and effort into making a video only for it to be viewed by nobody. Some youtubers go on to do other things, using youtube as a way to show the world there talent/personalty, now it's covered with "calling the boss baby at 3 am". you maybe wondering how to solve this and I think sharing videos will help a lot, instead of saying you should get a million you should share there video, it goes a long way for creators,

I'm sure I've missed something, this is more of a rant then a constructive post however I want to know what you think, can YouTube change this or it's up to the algorithm. And what do you think we the viewers can do to promote good creators
Many use clickbait to gain views but is it worth it to fool your audience with misleading thumbnails? In my opinion it is not :)

Reactions: Usgamers

Blucky

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2015
Australia
YouTube
BluckyTV
Some people are just out there for the money man, anything to gain attention and see the numbers on analytics grow is all they care about, Half of them probably don't even read comments :/ I think YouTube is trying to stop them, but from their point of view I guess they are making a sh*t ton of $ from them as well :(

Redd Sunn72

Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2017
YouTube
redd_sunn
not all click-bait is bad, the purpose of creating a thumbnail/title (suggestive) is to bring and gain an audience. yeeah some people take it out of hand, but i dont think its a bad thing.

Reactions: Usgamers

Usgamers

Freedom! Member
Jan 19, 2015
YouTube
hdshowGFX
not all click-bait is bad, the purpose of creating a thumbnail/title (suggestive) is to bring and gain an audience. yeeah some people take it out of hand, but i dont think its a bad thing.

Yeah there's a line and most people cross it, It's a shame though that many YouTubers resort to it

Usgamers

Freedom! Member
Jan 19, 2015
YouTube
hdshowGFX
There must be someone that is telling these people to do it... Had this happen to some of my favorite channels after they started picking up fame. They used to be a very informative channel now it's mostly click bait and the same hyped up stuff as other channels like it :(

Yeah some Youtubers I've watched in the past resorted to making clickbait videos, I feel that these Youtubers take it a bit too far when it comes to using a engaging title