Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
Hello, everybody! I hope that you all had a good week. There is a lot of stuff to cover from last week. I’ll start with a featured forums contest entry, then the important miscellaneous bits, followed by the videos from the week with featured comments, and conclude with ways you can interact more with the Community Team!

Featured Forums Contest Entry!
This month’s contest revolves around the Resources and Tips section. Keep on submitting your tutorials and guides to help others with their content creation and YouTube journeys. This entry amazed me when I saw it:

Be sure to check out the full post by Showcase One Media, and also head over to the contest thread to browse more submissions and get your own entry posted!

What Should You Write in Your Video Descriptions?
Due to several inquiries this week from the community, Anthony took time to write out a support article explaining what you could be putting in your video descriptions. This format helps with additional traffic from search and related videos, and can lead to more engaged viewers! It's written as an example anyone should be able to follow. Thanks to everyone who requested this! http://freedom2.support.tm/customer/portal/articles/2539719

Some Community Team members were tweeting about this article the day that Anthony wrote it! We do that sometimes, so be sure to follow at least a few members on social media to catch things like this as they happen!

Bonus note: Anthony also pointed out to me recently that there is new video footage in the background of the Freedom! Website login/sign up page. If you’re automatically logged into your Dashboard when you go to the site, just sign out to see the new stuff in the background!

YouTube Violation Warnings & Assistance
Freedom! recently started helping creators who are breaking YouTube's rules such as TOS, Community Guidelines, and copyright so that they can understand their mistakes and get their channels cleaned up. Each week Freedom! sends emails to partners on possible violations. Creators can fix these before YouTube shuts down their channels or issues strikes. This service is especially useful for channel owners who have a large amount of content, because Freedom! will provide links to your violations, and show you where to find and how to fix any rules broken.

The good news is Freedom! gives these warnings; but keep in mind, they also have to act in good faith and follow through. Creators who don't heed warnings and take appropriate action(s) are putting their channel in jeopardy of becoming unlinked. Therefore, be sure to keep an eye out for these emails.

Also, if you haven’t in awhile, be sure to check out your YouTube features page to see your status for Copyright and Community Guidelines. They show you clearly if you’re at risk. It should look quite similar to this:

Professor Puppet and Freedom!
Professor Puppet will be working with Freedom! on a special project. This might be a hint:

I wonder what he could be working on with us? Professor Puppet isn't officially a part of Freedom! right now; however he is currently between MCNs. A few people popping over to say thanks for working with Freedom! might help show him how much we appreciate him.

Shroud of the Avatar (SotA) Giveaway!
George made a video announcing that one lucky person would be winning a key for the game Shroud of the Avatar, and then later picked and announced the winner in the following video:

Congrats to DruidicGiblets! Giveaways are always fun, and I enjoy seeing the many “congrats” comments from the lovely #FreedomFamily to the winner!

Interacting on a different level with Epoxy!
Fattmat9001 explains some cool ways that Epoxy helps you show appreciation to your followers and audience!

Christmas in August?
Freedom! Central subscribers were baffled by an email notification for a Freedom! video that is 2 years old about a Live Q & A Christmas special. Later on, George released a video explaining why that happened:

Also in this video, there was talk about a Minecraft server, and team member Jord wanted me to take this opportunity to pass a message along to everyone about that! He says, "I'm looking for members of the Freedom! Family to help out with a new 2000 slot Minecraft server that I will be running". There's an application for anyone to apply to help out the server: Freedom! Minecraft server application!

The George Story!
If you haven't seen this video yet, I highly recommend that you do! It received the best likes versus dislikes ratio of the week, and a higher rate of on topic commenting than I've seen in awhile.

Twitch bought Curse!

A Freedom! Academy companion series?!

That moment when dreams come true!
Just when we thought the week couldn't get any more exciting and full of things going on, this weekend something very amazing happened! If you haven't seen the recent videos about a new gaming house in the Freedom! family yet - you have got to see them!

Interact more with the Freedom! Community Team!
Where might you see my team members and I? Here are some places:
➔ YT Channels: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGbtQ1GN9vfJAMu1Fc5JurdBmRJQ13VGY
➔ Twitter: https://twitter.com/AshleySilver101/lists/freedom-community-team/members
➔ Here on the forums, just look for our shiny green "Community Team" badges!
➔ Also, of course, on Freedom! Central in the comments of every video!

From the Community Team to the entire community and all of the beautiful Freedom! Family, we hope you had a great week and we look forward to seeing you around in the coming week. Until next time, best wishes for all of your endeavors and take care!

Last edited:

will clay

New User
Aug 21, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys so i just want to say i do have a community strike on my channel but through no fault of my own. what happened was someone who bullied me alot in school saw i had a youtube channel and flagged my vlog for no good reason and because of youtubes broken system i got my video removed and a strike but because i wasnt signed at the time i had no way to contact youtube :(

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Hey guys so i just want to say i do have a community strike on my channel but through no fault of my own. what happened was someone who bullied me alot in school saw i had a youtube channel and flagged my vlog for no good reason and because of youtubes broken system i got my video removed and a strike but because i wasnt signed at the time i had no way to contact youtube :(

Hello, that is unfortunate that has happened, remember that strikes do disappear after a 3 month period. Furthermore, if the removal was invalid or mistakenly thought to be infringing, you can ask for a counter notification - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807684

From the Community Team to the entire community and all of the beautiful Freedom! Family, we hope you had a great week and we look forward to seeing you around in the coming week. Until next time, best wishes for all of your endeavors and take care!

Lots of work this week, brilliant breakdown of what happened. I enjoy reading these every week!

Reactions: Ashley SilverDust