ever been concerned or just worried about the internet?

Carl D

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 29, 2020
YouTube
I don't like making controversial topics, but has any been concerned of what is going on in the web or are y'all just going with the flow I'm kinda curious to know.

for me I'm concerned but keeping more to myself because I don't like to offend anybody.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Well what do you mean by "what is going on in the web"? There's a lot going on with it all the time, from "questionable" EU Laws to data hoarders to privacy scandals.

Yes, asking people for their opinions is controversial but I think you're starting an interesting discussion here, I'd love to hear what you think about some recent internet developments, let's not worry as much about offending people, that's an integral part to a discussion!

George

CEO
Administrator
Dec 4, 2013
Dubai
h.ki
YouTube
georgevanous
I agree, let's share our concerns openly and honestly!

For me, I am concerned at how strict YouTube is becoming and how badly Facebook implemented their video system.

Facebook should have been a YouTube competitor, which would have changed the tone of the video industry. Competition always benefits us, the users.

Instead, we continue waiting for a true YouTube competitor to keep everyone honest. I would like to see YouTube think more about "How can we help creators grow faster?" instead of "How can we punish creators if they do things we never completely explain".

Carl D

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 29, 2020
YouTube
exactly @George before the whole Coppa situation I had to delete some of my videos one was a travel vlog/ interview of the lgbt community at pride in 2018 the interview was a mix of adults young adults and some kids in the shot but nothing lewd or perverted. and some where my stop motion videos because they where "toys".

However I saved the videos and found a similar video platform like youtube called vlare but that was it.[DOUBLEPOST=1593916210][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well what do you mean by "what is going on in the web"? There's a lot going on with it all the time, from "questionable" EU Laws to data hoarders to privacy scandals.

Yes, asking people for their opinions is controversial but I think you're starting an interesting discussion here, I'd love to hear what you think about some recent internet developments, let's not worry as much about offending people, that's an integral part to a discussion!

Well the "Cancel Culture" rise og youtubers either quitting or being cancelled for past mistakes creators and or streamers harming themselves, granted I have no attention of being "rude" but it just concerns me because now I have to be extremely cautious of videos I make granted I don't make videos that are offensive at all. that is some of my concerns.