Not open for further replies.

Kystrx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 17, 2014
United States
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I was just randomly scrolling through my videos, and I saw that one of my very first videos has a copyright claim against it. The song I used has a fair use policy, so I should be good there. The claimant was from
  • [Merlin] CDLTD

If anyone knows anything about this, could you please help? I looked it up and all I could find is that this is a fake claimant that goes around doing this to people.

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
I am not sure what the support team will be able to do to help. If it is a false claim then you will need to file a dispute, the support team won't be able to do any more than that.

Just give evidence that it is fair use and you will be fine. It is a claim and not a strike so it does not effect your channels standing.

Upvote 0

Maple Leaf Games

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2014
United States
YouTube
I am not sure what the support team will be able to do to help. If it is a false claim then you will need to file a dispute, the support team won't be able to do any more than that.

Just give evidence that it is fair use and you will be fine. It is a claim and not a strike so it does not effect your channels standing.
I'm just thinking that they would probably be able to figure out whether it's false or not and that helps out with the dispute with YouTube.

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I was just randomly scrolling through my videos, and I saw that one of my very first videos has a copyright claim against it. The song I used has a fair use policy, so I should be good there. The claimant was from
  • [Merlin] CDLTD

If anyone knows anything about this, could you please help? I looked it up and all I could find is that this is a fake claimant that goes around doing this to people.
Dispute the claim, that is indeed a fake account. He did the same to me 2 times and after i disputed it the claim was revoked withing an hour.

Upvote 0

Kystrx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 17, 2014
United States
www.youtube.com
YouTube
If it's not a false dispute then you are fine. Which video of yours had the claim on it?

It's my first draw my thing video. It's the outro song I used because when I uploaded it, freedom had music to use for free. Like 3 months later, they got rid of the "old" music so you couldn't get it for free or Uncopyrighted or whatever you want to call it lol. I currently have the video on unlisted just in case since it wasn't one of my better videos anyway

Oh and thanks Twighlight! What'd you say in your dispute?

Upvote 0

TheMusicSV

Youtube is life. love is life. gfx/vfx is life.
Jun 20, 2014
YouTube
@TwilightPrinze Do you think anyone can put claims? Not really. CDLTD is a label under Merlin network.
@Kystrx If you want to email the CEO Sam Casucci of CDLTD to remove your claim (if it is false claim). So can I give you it by email.

My email: [email protected]

No i don't work for CDLTD. I only had issues with them. That is why I know the CEO's name + email.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.