Getting it with dislikes?

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey guys so recently I got hit with a ton of dislikes on my channel on everysingle video. I think it's from the same person because all of my videos have dislikes on them now. I used to have 0 dislikes on every video about 5 months ago now it's on every one. I really don't understand why, but is there anything I could do about this? I know dislikes don't matter, but it builds a bad reputation if some new people were coming to my channel/videos and saw a ton of dislikes. It really sets the bar down for those people. I just need some opinions on this or if some other people have dealt with this, please reply. Thanks a lot!
Sorry to hear mate, unforunate there is nothing you can do about getting dislikes but the only option you have if you prefer is to hide it.
When you go to your channel you have the option to turn the like/dislike off on video's. That way only you can see it and others can't. I had one video that got dislike bombed and i turned it off for that particulair video.

AdmiralWolf

Respected User
Aug 5, 2015
YouTube
Hey guys so recently I got hit with a ton of dislikes on my channel on everysingle video. I think it's from the same person because all of my videos have dislikes on them now. I used to have 0 dislikes on every video about 5 months ago now it's on every one. I really don't understand why, but is there anything I could do about this? I know dislikes don't matter, but it builds a bad reputation if some new people were coming to my channel/videos and saw a ton of dislikes. It really sets the bar down for those people. I just need some opinions on this or if some other people have dealt with this, please reply. Thanks a lot!
Dislikes don't matter... Look at the likes and look at yourself.
Ask yourself: Did I do a good job?
If yes then do what you're doing. If no analyze and approach your goal in a new way!
YouTube isn't all fun and games, it is about growing your channel with new techniques but also growing your character.
One thing YouTube taught me was that everyone has their own opinions so they dislike, but WHO CARES?
So even if the disliker is trolling, know yourself and keep going at it with determination! I wish you luck and please don't hesitate to PM me about any problems or anything else buddy!

Reactions: Illusional Gaming

Illusional Gaming

Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2014
YouTube
andttias
Thanks for the replies guys! I know for a fact it's not a bot. I usually comment on YouTube videos and when someone disagrees with you they go through your videos and dislike them(I don't understand why...). At the same time though, I have people that are "supporters" who get jealous or mad when something good happens to you so they start to dislike. I'm going to disable ratings for my next 2-4 videos, then I'll renable them. I agree with one of the repliers talking about audience retention so hopefully by disabling ratings it'll make viewers stay longer. Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate the feedback!

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
If I would get a ton of dislikes i would just laugh about it! If there are haters that feel like they need to dislike every single video i've made then it's their problem! What they don't realise is that they give me more views and not to talk about cash! ;) Remember everyone! "HATERS MAKES US FAMOUS".

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
What are your thoughts on it? Should I put a video up on there? I think I might disable ratings then do it.
yes you should you dont have to disable the ratings for they dont always dislike your vid but they will always downvote the reddit post even though the mods say they punish people who dislike without a reason

Illusional Gaming

Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2014
YouTube
andttias
yes you should you dont have to disable the ratings for they dont always dislike your vid but they will always downvote the reddit post even though the mods say they punish people who dislike without a reason
Could you link me to this redit page? Sorry, I've never used reddit before and I have no idea how to get started on this lol. It'd be much appreciated if you or someone else could me out with this. I'd do it on my own, but I'm extremely busy (SAT Studying, school work, etc) so I'm hoping someone could hook it up. Thanks!

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
Could you link me to this redit page? Sorry, I've never used reddit before and I have no idea how to get started on this lol. It'd be much appreciated if you or someone else could me out with this. I'd do it on my own, but I'm extremely busy (SAT Studying, school work, etc) so I'm hoping someone could hook it up. Thanks!
what no dragons said is true there are pages for every subject so I would nned to know what you upload (pm me that if you really want to know this)

AverageRageGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2015
YouTube

I get dislikes on all my vids. It doesn't bother me at all. Just never mention it. Never say a word. If you acknowledge it, it will get worse. That's just how people are.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
That's what I did it stopped for me too :)

It just happened to me lol. Turned it off on those videos. Within the last hour got 4 dislikes on the newest 5 videos. XD If it continues with the newest videos I release .. I will make it default.