YouTube Regarding YouTube's Subscription Service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurenc

New User
Jan 3, 2015
All countries are eligible to OPT in from the current understanding, but only certain countries will be able to buy the subscription service. That is everyone's current understanding of this system! YouTube has still not sent anything out as of writing this.
Thank you for clearing that up for me, it was very helpful :)

Reactions: Kan

BBphoniex Gaming

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2015
India
YouTube
BBphoniex
Hello, Freedom! Family

A lot of people have seen information on YouTube's Paid Subscription service and have a lot of questions! I am going to answer these for you! :)

FIRST, Going to squash a few things I have seen, You will be able to still monetize your videos IN THE US if you opt in, you just won't be able to make the extra money that you would if the paid subscription was allowed in your country or networks country. It's basically like fan funding if you don't have it you won't be harmed, but if you do it can REALLY help your channel. I just got out of a call with the COO of Freedom!

It's 5:51 when I am posting this. Freedom! is aware and are in talks of getting Fan Funding for Freedom! partners, there is no ETA because that is a YouTube call and ultimately it's when they wish to allow us that.

On the subject of OPTING in to monetize, this is something that George talked about in May, and is still being worked on. Freedom! is one of the Largest MCN's on YouTube and we are working with them daily to make sure Freedom! Partners get all the benefits of partnering with YouTube.

The reason it shows your account is not eligible for this feature when you try to click on the monetization options link, is because you are with an MCN, and monetization is controlled by Freedom! as agreed to the contract we all signed. THIS IS THE SAME FOR ANY CHANNEL WITH AN MCN!

We have accepted the new rules for YouTube and are just waiting on a confirmation from them to make sure we are good to go.

It will most likely role out to our partners and ALL OF YOUTUBE in the following weeks! IT WAS RELEASED FIRST TO THEIR DIRECT PARTNERS (ADSENSE) AND MCNS (SUCH AS FREEDOM!) However, the new TOS have not been pushed out officially by YouTube yet, so that is probably why we are seeing nothing when we head to the dashboard tab on YOUTUBE!

ALSO, if you don't pay for subscriptions of 10 dollars a month YouTube will still have ads and be as it is now, the only difference of getting the service is a music service by YouTube, and no ads on all videos. Similar to twitch's sub service, but for all of YouTube!

NOTE: Since this is all still new it could change at any time, I will update this thread when more information roles out!

I hope that clears some of the confusion! Thank you and have a great day!

- Community Interaction Division
It really helps Thanks A Lot

Reactions: Kan

NannerAirCraft

Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2015
YouTube
NannerManCan
I thought that if you pay for the $10 a month service to remove all the ads that money all goes to Google and is not shared with partners. So wouldn't this mean less month for youtubers if a lot of their viewers use this?

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
I thought that if you pay for the $10 a month service to remove all the ads that money all goes to Google and is not shared with partners. So wouldn't this mean less month for youtubers if a lot of their viewers use this?
the money goes to google in a giant pot there it is calculated how long content was watched and that decides the % you will get like as an example there is 100$ in the pot and 1000 viewminutes 10 minutes where yours. This means you will get 0,01$ that month

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
Yes it removes ads from all youtube videos and it lets you download videos to view offline. I also believe it comes with google play music.
youtube red is all great to you get point where they talk about download. as a artiest, no one like idea they can download video with artwork. they can turn around and re-upload them. it was bad at 1 point where they have program that do that and internet try put stop to it. now they can download it? what happen to stopping them?

Wait they are charging people to not see ads now? I thought adblock was free
i really hope you not one of them using adblock. that really make me sad to know people who on youtube do that stuff...

el Smurf

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2014
YouTube
youtube red is all great to you get point where they talk about download. as a artiest, no one like idea they can download video with artwork. they can turn around and re-upload them. it was bad at 1 point where they have program that do that and internet try put stop to it. now they can download it? what happen to stopping them?

i really hope you not one of them using adblock. that really make me sad to know people who on youtube do that stuff...
nope, don't use it. I just dislike the idea of someone having to pay to not watch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.