What graphical/image editor(s) do you use?

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
What image editors do you use, whether to draft and edit thumbnails or other misc work? Or even some pixelart if that's your kind of thing. There's various image editors out there, the most common being Photoshop, GIMP and Paint.net.

I use a combination of Photoshop and Paint.net. I still utilize Photoshop due it's absurd power of potential and features not available to most image editors though I honestly personally think it can be a bit overwhelming to learn and get the hang of, especially to those not familiar with Photoshop. However, it's still robust and only a few editors can hold a candle to its usefulness.

I also like Paint.net a lot due it's clean and less cluttered interface and that it's free, which is a huge removal of barrier to anyone wishing to learn graphical design. It's a really great mixture of Photoshop and Paint, such as having even features like layers available to it. I also find it preferable for doing pixelart, due to it's simplicity, palette support and support of png transparency. It is still often my goto editor, due to its simplicity, low CPU/RAM resource usage and being very suitable to making small edits or as a secondary accompanying editor to something more powerful like Photoshop.

Klahn's Clinic

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 19, 2018
YouTube
I've been using firealpaca since I started my channel. It's like a was free Photoshop and it does everything that I need it to do; you just have to be careful with adding too many layers because it lagged my computer out HARD (I'm talking like thousands of layers). But I'd highly recommend it, it's not too hard to get into.

Briana

New User
Mar 18, 2019
Same here! I started with Gimp, now I use Photoshop CS6 but sometimes I still use Gimp for certain things!

EcCeNTriC Cuddless???

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 15, 2018
YouTube
At first it was Google drawings, then from I what I remember Inkscape, transitioning into Gimp. Afterwards, it was Photopea, and currently i'm using Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator or both.

Youtube back in 2016 to me was a different time in compared to now.

FireAngel64

Sep 17, 2018
YouTube
xxFA64xx
What image editors do you use, whether to draft and edit thumbnails or other misc work? Or even some pixelart if that's your kind of thing. There's various image editors out there, the most common being Photoshop, GIMP and Paint.net.

I use a combination of Photoshop and Paint.net. I still utilize Photoshop due it's absurd power of potential and features not available to most image editors though I honestly personally think it can be a bit overwhelming to learn and get the hang of, especially to those not familiar with Photoshop. However, it's still robust and only a few editors can hold a candle to its usefulness.

I also like Paint.net a lot due it's clean and less cluttered interface and that it's free, which is a huge removal of barrier to anyone wishing to learn graphical design. It's a really great mixture of Photoshop and Paint, such as having even features like layers available to it. I also find it preferable for doing pixelart, due to it's simplicity, palette support and support of png transparency. It is still often my goto editor, due to its simplicity, low CPU/RAM resource usage and being very suitable to making small edits or as a secondary accompanying editor to something more powerful like Photoshop.
Hitfilm