Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
On this episode Nold will be discussing 8 games that will take your BURNOUT AWAY. Burnout is one of the worst feelings for a content creator. When you feel that your hard work and creativity are not being rewarded and you feel like you want to give up but you’re still not sure about it. My friend, you are experiencing burnout. Don’t worry, these games will help you out with that. You can relax with these games that we will present to you in order for that burnout to fade out!

1. The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
  2. Minecraft
  3. The Legends of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild
  4. Stardew Valley
  5. World of Warcraft
  6. Fallout Series
  7. Assasins Creed: Odyssey
  8. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Are there any games we have missed? Let us know what games you turn to when you start to feel burnout.

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Animal Crossing. It is considered the OG life simulation game as with the exception of the Sims for the PC market, it was the one game that introduced westerners to the genre and made many people consider what a video game could even be.

I find the game fun even for non-burnout reasons. The series is just so lovely and I have to play everyday, it's a sort of compulusary thing...you know, like your morning cup of coffee. I also have a bittersweet relationship with some of the earlier games like most do, realizing when I find a copy of like City Folk or even the OG Gamcube version still in my house and then the bittersweet sad feelings come...like 'is my town still there? Did X move away? Makes me too sad to even want to look for real'.

Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley however share a similar niche for me in my life. They're not just good for burnout as I find both very preferable to play over nearly anything else when I'm stressed out or upset and even with returning to New Leaf, I have a list of dailies setup (i.e check for fossils, talk to my villagers, check the shops) so I can get the most out of each of my days playing Animal Crossing.

I also returned to New Leaf (and also therefore Pocket Camp) due to an utility need as New Horizons is still a fair bit away and I very much want all the Animal Crossing I can get in the meantime before NH releases.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Animal Crossing. It is considered the OG life simulation game as with the exception of the Sims for the PC market, it was the one game that introduced westerners to the genre and made many people consider what a video game could even be.

I find the game fun even for non-burnout reasons. The series is just so lovely and I have to play everyday, it's a sort of compulusary thing...you know, like your morning cup of coffee. I also have a bittersweet relationship with some of the earlier games like most do, realizing when I find a copy of like City Folk or even the OG Gamcube version still in my house and then the bittersweet sad feelings come...like 'is my town still there? Did X move away? Makes me too sad to even want to look for real'.

Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley however share a similar niche for me in my life. They're not just good for burnout as I find both very preferable to play over nearly anything else when I'm stressed out or upset and even with returning to New Leaf, I have a list of dailies setup (i.e check for fossils, talk to my villagers, check the shops) so I can get the most out of each of my days playing Animal Crossing.

I also returned to New Leaf (and also therefore Pocket Camp) due to an utility need as New Horizons is still a fair bit away and I very much want all the Animal Crossing I can get in the meantime before NH releases.

Animal crossing is for sure a good choice, haven't played it myself but have heard it's a great game to relax with.