Complaints Youtube Sub is glitched?!

bitterbread

New User
Mar 21, 2017
Hi so I recently started youtube and had 300 subs then had 280 and stayed there, then tonight it hit 500 then went to 53? Anyone know why?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
No Idea sorry. There has been a bit of fluctuation with the YouTube sub counters recently with many users of the forum reporting their has jumped sporadically over a few days. Though this isn't something to overly worry about as it seems to work out in the end.

Reactions: bitterbread

Traf Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
mine usually goes up and down by 1 sub which seems normal, but yours.... huh
Recently ive noticed youtube and google being rather slowly responding. May be under load and the system got bugged

Trippst3r

Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2016
United States
YouTube
ItsTrippst3r
I somewhat had this issue. It said I had like 83 subscribers but it reduced to 77. It said on the top-right drop down menu 77 the entire time, but on the counter next to the subscribe button and on my channel page it said 83. It has since fixed itself though.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Your channel hasn't been crawled by Socialblade before, so we can't track how your channel has changed so far. Best case scenario, it's just a visual glitch and people aren't actually unsubscribed to you. Worst case scenario, the subscribers are fake and YouTube is removing them because they are fake.

bghantonio

New User
Mar 28, 2017
Hi,
That happened to me too. So I know what it is... Let me explain:
1. YouTube changed their algorithm
2. New algorithm is when Your subscribers are inactive on Your channel that automatically unsubscribes them
--
That's all,
bghantonio

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
Well, so they were under reporting subscribers for a while, so then the jump up was probably people who had subbed and it just now stabilized again after removing your inactive subs.

Bingoloit Gamer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 2, 2017
Florida
YouTube
JonJonGames
Hi so I recently started youtube and had 300 subs then had 280 and stayed there, then tonight it hit 500 then went to 53? Anyone know why?

According to YouTube they said there is no bug. They are testing a method called "YouTube AgeGate". This -method will determine what your content will put you in what age group ex. My content is considered for ages 18-24. But depends on your Analytics. Check your analytics. Cause they are unsubscribing people who are not suitable for your content cause of your channel and content that they put you in a certain age group. Don't worry, It happens to everyone. Just check your analytics under "Audience" and check the Age groups and see the percentages. If the percentage is higher in that age group, Your content is suitable for that age group.

Here is an example of mine:

Attachments

• Analytics.PNG
    Analytics.PNG
    45.8 KB · Views: 1