Music A Canadian music parody channel :)

NewfieTunes

New User
Nov 18, 2017
YouTube
Hello,

My name is Brandon and for the last year I have been making music parody videos on Facebook about my province in Canada called Newfoundland.

We have recently hit 10,000 likes on the Facebook page, but to which is now all gone up in flames. Let me explain what we do exactly first; we make parody videos with a slight offensive taste to them. The shock value is what brought the page to where we are and it's what brings in our views. We do NOT create offensive content towards any race or nationality, it's mainly on public issues and "local" situations. We have had videos which reached up to 350,000 views on Facebook, but because parodying music is not allowed on Facebook, I knew this dream was soon coming to an end. Which brings me to YouTube.

I decided to stop with the offensive nature, as I realize I really have a special talent when it comes to making music. By no means is it the best in the world, but I have talent enough to make parody videos. I never want to make money off hurting anybody's feelings, as we did do a couple times through Facebook which we generate no revenue regardless. Now that YouTube is an opportunity, I want to make income from this, so I decided to drop the bad taste.

Instead of focusing on a specific place, which was filled with inside jokes nobody would understand, I decided to stretch it out to all of Canada and I'm going to create Canadian music parodies. All the same thank you for the read and your time, and I wish you well with all of your dreams.

-Brandon (newfietunes)

Reactions: Row

VoiaGmer

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2015
YouTube
D_JW_R
Welcome! It's a shame that Facebook doesn't allow stuff like that, but hey, at least it brought you here in the long-run!
Also, don't forget to put your channel in the Personal Details. ;)

Reactions: NewfieTunes

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
welcome to freedom, first how do you make your music, second your story is very interesting and a bit of a shame that it went this way but hey it brought you here.

U

User.123120

Welcome to the Freedom Forums! So what do you use to make music, I use FL Studio myself :D

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
Welcome to the Freedom! forums. Thank you for writing up a nice introduction. Whether you decide to make music or parodies, we in the forums fully support you <3 Here are some cool things you can do as a new member:
  • Swing by the chat box located at the bottom right part of the forums (We'll be waiting (y) (Y))
  • Try Tapatalk if you're on mobile - for easier forum browsing.
  • Learn how to add a subscribe button below your signature (fix that error!)
  • Get the partner badge if you are already partnered with Freedom!
  • Earn forum credits and use them to buy stuff in the forum store
  • Join this month's giveaway for a chance to win $100 worth of prizes ^-^
  • Read the forum rules and check out our FAQs
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Good luck with your channel and happy foruming! :D:D

M_P_1

MCN Freedom! Global Head of Creator Services
Aug 31, 2016
Manila, Philippines
Ahh a felliow Canadian well a newfy.. it’s all good bi, I am half newfy myself. I’d love to check out your channel. Moms from Port o bas or something. The ferry city maybe? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk