Am I the only one on the edge of my seat...

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I'm going to be keeping an eye on your channel's subscriber to view ratio. Usually a growth rate of 5 views to the subscriber isn't the common and may be a sign of some false play.
I do not accuse you, I am simply curious to see the stats.

DPM GAMING

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 2, 2015
YouTube
gaming_dpm
I'm going to be keeping an eye on your channel's subscriber to view ratio. Usually a growth rate of 5 views to the subscriber isn't the common and may be a sign of some false play.
Oh no please, I'm not offended. I'm curious myself how I just jumped up like that lol[DOUBLEPOST=1444422712][/DOUBLEPOST]
How could there be false play anyway? I don't have an idea on how someone could do that.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Oh no please, I'm not offended. I'm curious myself how I just jumped up like that lol[DOUBLEPOST=1444422712][/DOUBLEPOST]
How could there be false play anyway? I don't have an idea on how someone could do that.
There have been robots and automated systems that have been floating around since what was basically the conception of YouTube, designed to falsify views or subscriber counts.

These days, it's harder to get away with view manipulation as YouTube has a system in place to keep track of potentially falsified views. Subscribers, however, are easier to get away with as there are entire systems designed for Sub4Sub subscribing and just adding generic subscribers to a channel. Keep in mind the subscribers added through said application will never come back to aid in the channel's eventual future growth.

Now that you know of such programs, do not search them up. Using a service such as that is against the YouTube terms of service you agreed to when you signed up.

DPM GAMING

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 2, 2015
YouTube
gaming_dpm
Oh first of all thank you for informing me of this. Second, I would never do such a thing because like you said it does not help you in the growth of your channel. I want my channel to continue growing and entertaining a larger number of people as the time passes. Everything on my channel is fairly earned!! Thank you again for informing me of this. I don't even understand why you would want to sub4sub someone, that helps you get nowhere.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I don't even understand why you would want to sub4sub someone, that helps you get nowhere.
People do it because they think it's helping them get somewhere. They are so blinding by their subscriber counts that they don't see their true popularity lies in views, minutes watched, likes, and [more so] comments.

DashDFX

Rising User
Sep 11, 2015
YouTube
As i'm a smaller channel Subscriber growth is a lot lower. But a Sub means so much to me at this stage, makes me value it a lot more:) Views just as much though, likes comments really make your day:)

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
Moved to general discussion. Please keep non-gaming threads out of Gaming Discussion.

Idk, I don't really feel like subscribers matter. As long as I am doing what I love, I'll be happy with my YouTube channel and excited every time I put a video out. Which is rare nowadays. :p

Brinkbabe91

Renowned User
Jan 22, 2015
YouTube
Brinkbabe91
I get really amped when I am close to a milestone lol I am like COME ON!!!! I feel like I promote way more when I am close to a milestone too, which is probably why it like jumps past it when I am close to a milestone. I wish I had time to promote more honestly but owell :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
People do it because they think it's helping them get somewhere. They are so blinding by their subscriber counts that they don't see their true popularity lies in views, minutes watched, likes, and [more so] comments.
Amen to that! Nice spoken and words of Truth. Vieuws, Likes and Comments is what matter most on a channel. Subscribers is just a number. Everytime i see my total vieuws has grown that is what feels great, when someone leaves a comment and it ends up in a conversation is something i always like. Making a video and sharing those gameplay moments and then recieve someone thoughts on it and a like is what gives satisfaction :)

Reactions: Neal

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
COMMENTS ARE LYFE. Literally. I love getting comments. Got one recently asking where a series had gone. I stopped cause I thought no one liked it. BETTER KNOW IMA START IT UP AGAIN.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed