Tips & Tricks Anybody got any tips for a first timer??

GameOverHD

New User
Nov 15, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys my names Harley/GameOverHD has anyone got any tips for somebody who has just started YouTube i literally started a few days ago, any tips about the channel itself, videos or anything else would be appreciated. Thank You

Rafij Rahman

Well-Known User
Sep 3, 2016
Bangladesh
YouTube
rafijofficial
Hey mate,if you starting a new channel first it's really important to have a great profile & banner to make your channel look professional.Then start making videos,don't worry your first videos might be not that much professional but its normal everyone learn from a mistake.Have eye-catching thumbnails,it's really important actually people have to click & watch your videos right??have a upload schedule.After that just keep making quality content,keep sharing your videos on your social media & different forums.That should really help you to get some extra views & subs.At the last I just want to say,success doesn't come initially it needs a lot of hard work to gain success on youtube especially when you're a beginner.So never give up.Just try to do what you're passionate about if you're doing what you're passionate about you never give up so early.

So keep trying hopefully, you will see a better result.Best of luck mate :)

Nally

New User
Mar 26, 2016
YouTube
Ok, so this is what I've learned so far from doing YouTube...

One of the most important things to consider when making a channel is a Banner and a Profile Photo. These things are some the most important because if they are bland, dull, and boring no one will pay attention and even if you make great videos, they are way less likely to subscribe. Haven't you ever looked at a channel that popped up when looking for something and just went "ugh, what is that banner and why is it so nasty looking?" After seeing a bad looking banner you are less likely to subscribe to that channel just because of the way it looks.

The second most important thing to think about is thumbnails. They are the first thing that seen whenever someone goes to watch one of your videos. these Need to look professional and they need to draw people toward your videos. Try to use your best judgement when making them and try very hard not to make them look too weird or silly, but is also don't make them look too boring. Making each thumbnail is a delicate process and is a skill that many, including me, need to master.

Another thing that is important when starting a youtube channel is the consistency of uploads. People want to know when to watch your awesome videos, when to expect them and things like that. Try your best to upload as many times as possible in a week, that way theres more great content for future subscribers to see.

Also, its very important that you show your channel to the world. If you haven't already you should head to the forum where you introduce yourself because that is a good way to gain attention towards your channel. Anyway you can, you should show your channel to others. This gets you more attention and allows many more people to notice your channel.

Remember: YouTube is awesome and fun, but that doesn't mean that you can slack on uploading. Your subscribers are your family and your family likes to see you as much as possible.

I really hope this helped bro, and I hope your channel flourishes.

- Nally

GameOverHD

New User
Nov 15, 2016
YouTube
Thank you both for the information, on the topic of thumbnails, at the moment for thumbnails i am taking an in-game screenshot of the video and then adding things around it, do you think this is a good idea or??

Nally

New User
Mar 26, 2016
YouTube
Yes, sometimes that thumbnail will work, but most people prefer to see something a little more eye-catching

As a beginning YouTuber, this is actually not a bad idea, but as you mature and become better at making youtube videos, your thumbnails will become cooler looking