Gaming Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Campaign is Netflix

rumandapples

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2014
YouTube
everythingisrum

In Call of Duty Black Ops 3 it looks like players are going to be able to skip ahead to the end of the game because all campaign missions are unlocked from the start.

Jason Blundell defends this decision and has a few statements.

"Consumers and game players in general are far more mature these days. There are so many things vying for our interests today. It's about, how do they want to consume it? Maybe they put it down on level two, and then they're in work the next day, and some guy says, 'dude, you've got to check out level four!' And he's like, 'okay, I'll have a quick look.' That's totally fine. I think it's their choice."

Blundell also compared the release of Call of Duty Black Ops 3 campaign.

"If you see the end you'll say, I need to understand this more," Blundell said. "When Netflix release House of Cards and do all the episodes, does everyone just jump to the end and go and play the last episode? Sure you can. But it's about the journey, though, right?"

Blundell firmly defends the campaign and how it's constructed as more as players experiencing the journey and not how the game ends.

"The way the story is constructed, it's more than just the end moment. I'm sure there are many films and other media types where you could read the last page, or see the last minutes, but really you've got to experience all of the other stuff to truly enjoy it."

It's nice to hear Activision/Treyarch attempting to try after all this time. This new cast and possible attempt at creating a story-line and campaign actually being worthwhile is possible. It would be a huge leap ahead if they were able to do so.