Beauty Looking for guidance

• Thread starter Deleted member 170696
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 170696

Hi Freedom fam,

My name is Naomi, aka "NOMEZLEE" on youtube and instagram. I'm 28 from Australia. Its taken me a lot of courage to finally set up a youtube channel to pursue my creative needs. I work as an emergency nurse and my hobby used to be kung fu for the last 12yrs competing etc but I haven't been enjoying it anymore and need another passion besides the blood, vomit and bed pans at work. Have always wanted to do something arty and creative.

I've invested a lot of time and money with equipment and editing for my channel but I am really stuck on how to connect with similar channels and grow my channel which has brought me to join Freedom for some guidance. It gives me a bit of anxiety seeing my hard work gets no views and constantly having thoughts of whether the content I'm putting up is terrible and if I should get rid of it before I embarrass myself too much. Does anyone else feel this way? I'm extremely shy which does not help haha.

I'm scared but also hopeful that I can find some answers and help from the Freedom community. Where should I start?

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
Hi welcome to the forums :) fellow Aussie.
We have few things in common. I did GKR karate for 10 years plus was a sampai/assistant instructor competed not only in karate tourneys but mixed all styles tournaments around the country when i was little bit younger :)

YouTube takes time and dedication & need to stick to it and not give up. I did have a look at your channel (i personally been male) not into makeup i`m not sure how it would look on me. But your video`s are high qualty, voice nice and clear. There are many channels like yours out there what has a big following just keep grinding the video`s out regular. You should also add your channel link to the bottom of your page as well so people can check your channel out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 170696

Thank you for the advice! Yes I loved martial arts for a long time but unfortunately the club I trained at got smaller and smaller. My sifu a bit more demanding and it was just time to leave :'( Thanks for taking the time to look at my channel even though it's girly AF haha. Appreciate the advice. I'll start with trying to add my channel link! Cheers

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hi Freedom fam,

My name is Naomi, aka "NOMEZLEE" on youtube and instagram. I'm 28 from Australia. Its taken me a lot of courage to finally set up a youtube channel to pursue my creative needs. I work as an emergency nurse and my hobby used to be kung fu for the last 12yrs competing etc but I haven't been enjoying it anymore and need another passion besides the blood, vomit and bed pans at work. Have always wanted to do something arty and creative.

I've invested a lot of time and money with equipment and editing for my channel but I am really stuck on how to connect with similar channels and grow my channel which has brought me to join Freedom for some guidance. It gives me a bit of anxiety seeing my hard work gets no views and constantly having thoughts of whether the content I'm putting up is terrible and if I should get rid of it before I embarrass myself too much. Does anyone else feel this way? I'm extremely shy which does not help haha.

I'm scared but also hopeful that I can find some answers and help from the Freedom community. Where should I start?
You used to do Kung Fu? That's legitimate ^^ I used to do a Korean Martial Art called "Kuk Sool Won". That was a few years ago though. I'm more focusing on eating and enjoying food now :eek:

Collaborating tends to work best. You should always take time to find others to work with, because it makes your future recordings all the better! YouTube takes a lot of getting used to, especially if you haven't come out of your shell yet. Once you figure out content that you enjoy making often, you'll be set.

It's good to meet some new users on here by posting on the forums, and asking questions from time to time. What are you looking to do first?

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
[QUOTE="nomezlee, post: 964894 Yes I loved martial arts for a long time but unfortunately the club I trained at got smaller and smaller. My sifu a bit more demanding and it was just time to leave :'( Thanks for taking the time to look at my channel even though it's girly AF haha. Appreciate the advice. I'll start with trying to add my channel link! Cheers[/QUOTE]

Happens to a lot of clubs if they are not actively door to door knocking recruiting new members.

Channel link: Top right of this page (username) personal details look down the page (Youtube Channel) head over to your YouTube channel home page copy the last section of the link "example" UC0kot9kGf8GruxANI3VHIvA and insert those numbers/letters into that section :) your channel will appear below each post you make.

morestaceyx

Rising User
Oct 14, 2016
Hey Naomi! Welcome to freedom! :D
I love your YouTube name, very catchy! YouTube is a hard place to get noticed now so many people are doing it. All I can say is, keep doing what your doing, make sure your enjoying it, and just try and reach out to people, ask to do collaborations, they tend to be alot of fun :)
I hope you enjoy your stay and I look forward to seeing you around the forum :D

D

Deleted member 170696

[QUOTE="nomezlee, post: 964894 Yes I loved martial arts for a long time but unfortunately the club I trained at got smaller and smaller. My sifu a bit more demanding and it was just time to leave :'( Thanks for taking the time to look at my channel even though it's girly AF haha. Appreciate the advice. I'll start with trying to add my channel link! Cheers

Happens to a lot of clubs if they are not actively door to door knocking recruiting new members.

Channel link: Top right of this page (username) personal details look down the page (Youtube Channel) head over to your YouTube channel home page copy the last section of the link "example" UC0kot9kGf8GruxANI3VHIvA and insert those numbers/letters into that section :) your channel will appear below each post you make.[/QUOTE]

Thank you thank you thank you! >insert praise hands emoji< I think I finally got it. Your instructions are great. Your channel looks great by the way. I'm no gamer but your thumbnails are wicked, and the videos seem very slick and professional. Look forward to learning more from you on the forums. Appreciate the help!

D

Deleted member 170696

Hey Naomi! Welcome to freedom! :D
I love your YouTube name, very catchy! YouTube is a hard place to get noticed now so many people are doing it. All I can say is, keep doing what your doing, make sure your enjoying it, and just try and reach out to people, ask to do collaborations, they tend to be alot of fun :)
I hope you enjoy your stay and I look forward to seeing you around the forum :D

I know right. I feel like a needle in a haystack doing a beauty channel sometimes. Thanks for the advice it's very sweet of you. I already feel so much better with the replies from this. Even though I have support from my family and friends I was still feeling alone. Looking forward to using the forums to make friends :)

D

Deleted member 170696

You used to do Kung Fu? That's legitimate ^^ I used to do a Korean Martial Art called "Kuk Sool Won". That was a few years ago though. I'm more focusing on eating and enjoying food now :eek:

Collaborating tends to work best. You should always take time to find others to work with, because it makes your future recordings all the better! YouTube takes a lot of getting used to, especially if you haven't come out of your shell yet. Once you figure out content that you enjoy making often, you'll be set.

It's good to meet some new users on here by posting on the forums, and asking questions from time to time. What are you looking to do first?

I've never heard of "kuk Sool Won" what is it similar to? I loved my kung fu. Still do but the club will never be the same. I had so much fun with the weaponry, multiple opponent fighting, iron bars, iron rings, heavy bags. And we used to do the lion dancing for chinese new year which was torture in summer in fuzzy pants in the lion head but was so much fun.

I'm trying to divert my passion into youtube now but still trying to figure out how to start. I think what I want to do first is find similar girls on youtube with beauty channels that I can genuinely become friends with. Things are always better with friends right?

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
Thank you thank you thank you! >insert praise hands emoji< I think I finally got it. Your instructions are great. Your channel looks great by the way. I'm no gamer but your thumbnails are wicked, and the videos seem very slick and professional. Look forward to learning more from you on the forums. Appreciate the help!

Thank You I use abode products Photoshop & Premier Pro. I'm still learning all about Photoshop incredible what you can do with this. Yes you got it correct and your channel is now showing below each post. One thing I have found with Freedom forums everyone is very helpful we all do YouTube and all want to improve not only our content our brand but also grow. Community review section of the forums is really good place to post video or your channel or channel trailer & people give you good honest Feedback from a editing point of view. I have used this recently with a short movie I did and having 3rd set eyes looking at the video pick up on little things you may have missed either timing with visual effects or sound effects or video in general. if you need any help feel free to send me PM or post in chat or forums and there is a large community willing to help.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hi Freedom fam,

Welcome to the Freedom Community :)

To begin may i say that i respect the kind of work you do!

As for connecting with similar channels you could browse around the forums as there are quite some channels related to beaty and such in wich you could get in contact, besides that you can make use of the Discord to see if there are people that pick your interest that could be of help :)

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I've never heard of "kuk Sool Won" what is it similar to? I loved my kung fu. Still do but the club will never be the same. I had so much fun with the weaponry, multiple opponent fighting, iron bars, iron rings, heavy bags. And we used to do the lion dancing for chinese new year which was torture in summer in fuzzy pants in the lion head but was so much fun.

I'm trying to divert my passion into youtube now but still trying to figure out how to start. I think what I want to do first is find similar girls on youtube with beauty channels that I can genuinely become friends with. Things are always better with friends right?
Kuk Sool Won has been around less than sixty years, not too many people know about it, heh. I decided to work out there one day because of a coupon at a doughnut shop. We used to practice a lot of forms, techniques, weapon strength training, and lots of acrobatics. After a few years of being there, I was able to be an instructor for a while as well ^^ I haven't heard of lion dancing before :eek:

Friends tend to make everything easier in my past experience. You can always reach out to other partners, and leave a comment on their recent videos. It might take a little bit of time to organize a contact, but you can also message them on social media as well.