VLOG Me In My Car - My First YouTube Channel

meinmycar

New User
Oct 22, 2015
Sarasota, FL
www.meinmycar.com
YouTube

Last month I started a new YouTube channel which is my first personal entry into the world of video production and vlogging. I have done video editing professionally in the past and I have experience in broadcast television and radio. However, Me In My Car is my own personal channel where I have full creative control. I choose the music, I edit the videos, and I record almost everything in the car. Usually on my way to work or on my way to an event, I will record a few minutes of video.

I am an IT Professional, rideshare driver, technology enthusiast, and music lover.

Your name: Chad

Where are you from?: Originally Colorado but now living in Sarasota, Fl.

How old are you?: I turn 30 in December

How did you find Freedom!? Google search (looking up more information on TubeBuddy)

What made you join our forums?: I love the community aspect it offers. Looking forward to contributing with others and getting insight from other successful channels!

What are you hobbies?: I live and breathe tech - I have been in the IT industry for 15 years and am an IT manager with aspirations to reach executive level in the next 10 years. I am also a fan of broadcasting - I've had several online radio and television channels as well as a pirate FM radio station many years ago.

Why did you start YouTube? I had the idea for "Me In My Car" about 5-6 years ago. I was driving 25 miles to and from work each day and thought I could record myself in the car because I had nothing better to do. I never ended up doing it but fast forward to last month when I thought, "You know - I've had this idea for a long time - no one's taken the name this whole time... I am still thinking about it... I am just going to DO IT!" And here we are! I enjoy video editing and the creativity it allows. I only have a 10 minute commute to and from work each day but that's enough time for a quick vlog and I record videos after work and on the weekends. I enjoy being creative, sharing my artistic editing styles, and giving an insight into my world!

What is your biggest dream? Two: to one day have a viral video (and hopefully channel) and to continue progressing in my personal career to one day be an executive for a large company. I am currently climbing the corporate ladder!

What kind of channel do you run?: A vlog where I talk about technology, news, current events, and whatever else is on my mind. Most of the times while driving my car.

When do you upload?: Typically on Wednesday's and Saturdays but with work I sometimes get behind. Other times I may upload several times in a week or day if I have a lot of content prepared.

I have uploaded a handful of videos over the past month and I'd love to know what you think so far! Please check out my channel and send your comments and suggestions. I am so happy to be part of the community and eager to meet all of you!

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/meinmycar
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/meinmycar

Here's my latest video:

Last edited:

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
Hey Chad!

Welcome to the Freedom! forums. Thanks for writing up a proper and great introduction! I think your channel has a great concept and with hard work and luck, you'll get somewhere (y) (Y)

Here are some other things you can do as a new member:
  • Get the partner badge if you are already partnered with Freedom!
  • Read through the forum rules
  • Check out our FAQs
Good luck with your channel and happy foruming! :D

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Nice idea for a channel, great to see when people come up with original ideas youtube needs more of this :D

What experience have you had from broadcast TV & radio? I'm sure having experience in editing and tech will help a lot with your channel. Look forward to seeing what you do with this :)