Educational My YouTube story - A year long member,

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
I started YouTube a year ago to escape personal troubles. I suffer from a rare bone problem that has hindered me my whole life. I've gone to hospital for most of my life, and I never learnt how to interact with people. I'm a recluse. Because of this, I never leave the house. The idea of talking to someone scares me a fair bit. I had taken up writing, and that was doing alright - I wrote four novels, never published them. I realised I want to entertain people. So I took to YouTube and began from there, uploading small videos that did okay.

I always wanted to make people happy, because I was never truly happy myself. I reached out to Freedom! and they accepted me, and from there I made more and more videos, although most didn't do that well... but that wasn't the point. I created videos for others to enjoy. That is what YouTube is about. It isn't about money, likes or having billions of subscribers. It's about making someone happy by injecting something into their existence - it could be joy or information. That small something, could be a really big something to someone else! Life is still hard for me. I will always have my bone problems and I will always be very shy and reclusive. But I want to make people feel as if they are not alone. I want to share with them the joy I find in making videos.

I feel as if the most challenging thing on YouTube - and life - is failure. I mean, we hate the word. We want to gain loads of subscribers, we want to gain admiration of others, don't we? But when we don't get that, when the video we work on doesn't get the thousands of views we thought it should get, we become despondent. A day can change a person. A person can change a lifetime... Every waking moment I strive to be something. But to know I make someone else's life that tiny bit better, no matter how insignificant it might seem, it makes me feel better, too. It's a silly, childish dream I have. Promise you won't laugh? I want to have a fanbase on YouTube. People I can interact with and make happy. I want to see people happy. I want to laugh and share their joy.

The world is a big place, full of wonder, mystery and secrets. We need to make the best of the time we have hear, making and enriching others lives as much as we can. I strive to do that. To make videos to just take five minutes out of someone's day and say, ''Hey, it's alright. Let's play and smile together. Just for five minutes, alright? Let's put the world behind us, our problems, our lives. Let's just make everything a bit better.'' All I want is to give content to people that they will enjoy, and feel like I did something meaningful.

We live life by looking down a dark ally, afraid of the shadows and the whsipers within. We can look to the bight, golden light at the end, but be afraid of going for it. We may never reach the light - the goal - we have wanted. But it's the first step that counts. Do that, then take the next. Embrace what you fear, and do what you can, even if you have to crawl and take it slow to get there. It isn't the length of the walk that matters, but the experience in doing so. As we face our problems, our anxieties, our fears, we grow. It doesn't matter how bight or how dim that light we seek is. What matters is we don't let it go out. Because if we do, we will be surrounded by shadows.

Thank you for reading.

Reactions: Prology

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
hey , welcome to Freedom , I hope you enjoy your stay and if you need any help just ask :)

Dude sounds like you have had it rough indeed and I'm sorry to hear about what has happened to you , if you ever need to talk I'm here to listen :)

keep your head up and I hope youtube gives you a confidence boost that you need !!!