LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
Hello everyone!

I want to record my gameplay audio and voice audio in separate audio files. I have fraps and I was trying to use Audacity but I can't seem to get it to work. Any advice from anyone? I'd like to stick with programs I have but if I need to change I will.
Thank you!

-Store

Reactions: Brent Cone

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
You can try using Camtasia or Mixcraft and record seperatly! :) I've done it before with Mixcraft and it worked perfectly and it was easy to mix the audio too! :D

Holy Apple

Celestial Gamer
Freedom! Member
I use OBS for recording gameplay, gameplay audio and my facecam but my voice audio seperately through audacity (So I can sync it up properly to my lips moving). As for using audacity, I normally hit the record button before I start recording the gameplay and then just cut it down afterwards to get rid of the long silence at the start. Haven't ever used a hotkey on audacity before haha

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I use OBS for recording gameplay, gameplay audio and my facecam but my voice audio seperately through audacity (So I can sync it up properly to my lips moving). As for using audacity, I normally hit the record button before I start recording the gameplay and then just cut it down afterwards to get rid of the long silence at the start. Haven't ever used a hotkey on audacity before haha
This is exactly what I do too! Works wonderfully.

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
This is exactly what I do too! Works wonderfully.

Do you two just alt tab out hit record and then alt tab back into the game?

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
If you use Fraps and Audacity, all you need to do is hit record on Audacity before you launch the game.

Then in order to sync the audio, click a menu button that makes noise, and say click. Then all you need to do is align those two points. You can do it several times if need be to make it easier.

Alternatively, you could use a program like Dxtory instead of Fraps which allows for multiple audio tracks.

brokenglorygaming

Skits, Comedy, & Fun
Freedom! Member
Sep 1, 2014
USA
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I use Elgato to record my in game video, in game audio, and my friends Voice Audio. And then I record My Voice with Quick time and my Yeti Mic. (I use Mac) so it's all pretty easy. The Elgato software is awesome!

So when I'm all done I have 4 files.

1. The video file
2. The game sound (music, sound effects etc)
3. My friends voices all on one audio file
4. My voice on its own file