Sometimes I wish I prerecorded...

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Inconsistency is a big problem on my channel... I don't need anyone to tell me that... lol...

My family has been sick for the last week and it is messing everything up...

Sometimes I really wish I prerecorded stuff... but when I do... I often don't even post it because I have too much time to think about it, and scrutinize myself, and think I could or should have done this or that...

I don't know, maybe you guys have some tips on that... Cause I find it really difficult to do. Because everything can be improved, even the best things, I know this... but yet I can't help being hard on myself for not doing more...

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I prerecord everything 2 days in advance. So if I record Skyrim on Tuesday, I release that recording on Thursday. I do this so if something comes up, I have 2 days to do something about it. Technically 2 1/2 since I release videos in the afternoon. Then when I have time, I just play catch up.

It's always best to give yourself a buffer of some sort. I know some youtubers who do a week in advance. That works well if you only release 1 episode per series per week, or if you don't mind being an episode or two ahead of your audience.

Personally, I want to be on the same episode the audience sees, so 2 days works, and it's rare anything will happen that would prevent me from not recording more than a day or two.

Worst comes to worst, you just have to let your audience know that you won't be releasing. just make an announcement video. A couple days will not do any harm.

My tip to you, use an App like One Calendar, and make a schedule that implements some sort of buffer that fits your channel best. Ever since I have done this, I release videos on time, and it's a whole lot less stressful..

You will have to get passed scrutinizing yourself, and just release the videos you record.

William Chamberlain

Head of Ad Sales
Freedom! Member
Nov 28, 2014
United Kingdom
google.com
YouTube
The best way I always look at things like this, is if you love it, imagine it's all you ever do. Sounds crazy because obviously it's probably not a top priority... But organize a calendar with Google Calendar or something and get scheduling as if your boss would be checking up on deadlines and such. Then make a review process, follow it for every video but don't make the standards too high. Keep to this everyday and things will go like clockwork.