No comments have been found at this time

Details

Aug 16, 2017 at 1:23 PM
Posted by Fluffy
Gameplay - Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Campaign - GDI
Mission 11 - Sarajevo
Difficulty - Normal

Full level completion with 100% Primary Objectives, 100% Bonus Objectives & 100% New Intel Gathered on normal difficulty.

Completing this mission took as long as it did primarily due to having to tiptoe around to get the Nod Avatar Walker intel and the "Destroy an Avatar with the Commando" bonus objective.

This mission tends to be...obnoxiously inconsistent with how/when/where Nod Avatar walkers show up. In this video, it comes down the middle route, when they typically only come up the right-most ramp. I was ready to barge in and complete the mission, but instead had to turtle up and wait for an Avatar walker to show up so I could get the bonus objective. A couple times I got rather impatient and tried to bait an Avatar out, including scouting ahead with a single Mammoth Tank at about 21:05 (which turned out to be a disastrous mistake), and again at about 33:00, where I storm in with most of my Mammoth Tanks.

When an Avatar showed up at 35:25, I had my Mammoths retreat, and sent a Commando in to attempt to destroy it...but that ended in failure. I made (yet) another Commando, and the Avatar ended up showing up at 39:39. At that point, I kinda went into panic mode, retreated most of my anti-armor tanks, sold my base defenses, and managed to get the Commando in to destroy the Avatar.

Aaaand that was the worst of it. With that nightmare out of the way, the rest of the mission is no issue. I had plenty of troops active, and the potential income to back up more.
0     0     826