2nd Language

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
English is my first language, and Spanish is my second. I am working on Russian too! Being bilingual is such a great skill to have.

Reactions: Olivea Sea

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Dutch is my first language but when I was a little kid I could speak Italian as well.(My dad was Italian and my mom Dutch)
I lost the skill over time but I still understand allot when I hear someone speaking Italian and pick up language, I can make myself understandable to certain degree. Because my bro lives in Spain I also picked that up a little because it's so similar to Italian.

I actually got Spanish in school as well as German but I forgot anything German :p
When I was little we used to have satellite tv for my dad so he could watch Italian shows on Rai Uno, but I actually used it to watch Cartoon Network straight out of Amerika. So I understood english pretty fast as a kid because it had no subs and I feel like it's my real second language from about 4 years old.

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
lol when i was in school i had options for my 3rd language (English and Hindi Were primary languages for a while )
and well my 3rd language was arabic...which i flunked baaaaaaadly XD but soon i am going to learn it (through youtube or just the internet iun general XD)

Reactions: GarryTheDigger

Torched

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2016
United Kingdom
bit.ly
YouTube
English is my first language and Tagalog being my second as I'm from the Philippines originally. Two years ago I became fascinated with languages and I now speak French to an intermediate level, Arabic and Spanish to a somewhat conversational level and I recently signed up to a Mandarin course :D

Reactions: GarryTheDigger

GarryTheDigger

Freedom! Member
Apr 27, 2016
YouTube
English is my first language and Tagalog being my second as I'm from the Philippines originally. Two years ago I became fascinated with languages and I now speak French to an intermediate level, Arabic and Spanish to a somewhat conversational level and I recently signed up to a Mandarin course :D
nice. That's pretty cool

GarryTheDigger

Freedom! Member
Apr 27, 2016
YouTube
Dutch is my first language but when I was a little kid I could speak Italian as well.(My dad was Italian and my mom Dutch)
I lost the skill over time but I still understand allot when I hear someone speaking Italian and pick up language, I can make myself understandable to certain degree. Because my bro lives in Spain I also picked that up a little because it's so similar to Italian.

I actually got Spanish in school as well as German but I forgot anything German :p
When I was little we used to have satellite tv for my dad so he could watch Italian shows on Rai Uno, but I actually used it to watch Cartoon Network straight out of Amerika. So I understood english pretty fast as a kid because it had no subs and I feel like it's my real second language from about 4 years old.
I used to have Italian classes in my old country. Me and my friends would play battle ship on paper. Then our teacher caught us and humiliated us in front of the board

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
Russian seems so difficult to me because of the alternate character use!! But it would be a Wonderfull skill to have!
Yeah, the Cyrillic alphabet is really different, but once you get to know the letters and the sounds it's actually not that hard!
lol when i was in school i had options for my 3rd language (English and Hindi Were primary languages for a while )
and well my 3rd language was arabic...which i flunked baaaaaaadly XD but soon i am going to learn it (through youtube or just the internet iun general XD)
There is an app, it's called Duolingo, it's free and it is a really cool way to learn languages. I am not sure if they have Arabic, but you might check it out!

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
Yeah, the Cyrillic alphabet is really different, but once you get to know the letters and the sounds it's actually not that hard!

There is an app, it's called Duolingo, it's free and it is a really cool way to learn languages. I am not sure if they have Arabic, but you might check it out!
Thanks for the info i will check it out.....XD i have never heard of an app like that

InnocentMusik

Musician and amateur composer/producer
Freedom! Member
I can't really tell if the languages I know are primary or secondary since I have spoken both at an early age. But in order of where I was born, Chinese is my primary, English is my secondary. I also know enough French and Japanese to get me by and a little of Spanish and German.