4K Requirements

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Do you think if I bought 2 gtx 980 ti
Would it do seamless 4k on any game at 30+ fps...

Does anyone do 4k with next Gen games?

What's your rig to do it?

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
2 GTX 980 ti? Are planning on using 2 55'inch TV?
I know @Al Valentyn does 4k in his videos.
For me 4k is over kill, I am contented with 1080p 60 fps.
Rofl nah, I just figure if I got that, I could probably play anything next Gen at 4k...
(Like fallout 4 lol, Fallout 4k)

Though I am fighting with myself cause of Pascal coming out... kinda wanna wait and see what's up with that

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Yeah I can't afford it right now... but this spring I probably will... but like I say... I really hope pascal comes out so I can see what the price/performance of that is. $2000 worth of video cards is pretty excessive... rofl

Reactions: ItsKapow

Auxrilla

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 17, 2015
YouTube
In my opinion its not worth the money as of now. Since most people can't even afford a 4K screen or stuff like that. It's a small part of the YouTube community that can use it. But if you want to it's all up to you ofc

Al Valentyn

Mac Gaming Connoisseur
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
Do you think if I bought 2 gtx 980 ti
Would it do seamless 4k on any game at 30+ fps...

Does anyone do 4k with next Gen games?

What's your rig to do it?
2 GTX 980 ti? Are planning on using 2 55'inch TV?
I know @Al Valentyn does 4k in his videos.
For me 4k is over kill, I am contented with 1080p 60 fps.

Two 980Ti's will do you absolutely fine at 30+FPS. Only time you might need to do things down is with AA. Although at 4K you'd be silly to use SSAA, or MSAA. There are better versions on that situations, but for some games MSAA is simply clearly and better so x2 or x4 is more than enough.

Honestly though if you're going to go 4K I strongly suggest a G-Sync monitor to go with the NVIDIA cards. it greatly helps with frame stuttering and variance for some games that can throttle FPS all over the place due to being shoddily made.

In regards to some saying it's not worth it because they can't afford the monitor? It's very much worth it. On YouTube you can easily watch 4K on 1440p or 1080p, and you'll still get a significantly better experience simply because the Bit rate is so much better.

There is also DSR and VSR tech for NV and AMD, where you can run a game at 4K on a none 4K monitor. What it simply does is make the GPU render the game at 4K and then it makes it fit on your monitor. Resulting in significantly better image quality.

It's so much better on older games or games that use the CPU primarily, since it means you'll often get the same or better FPS with a significantly superior visual experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hail Kira
the problem now with 4k is going to be recording it, rendering it, and playing it. Sure you can render easy. But, most computers that are over 3 years old can't pull down that file from YT.

As far as getting like a 4k TV, don't. Broadcast stations won't be doing it anytime soon. Hell, most of them just got up to being able to broadcast in 1080i and 720p to get in to the digital standard age. 4k would be too much bandwidth for things like cable/satellite.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Two 980Ti's will do you absolutely fine at 30+FPS. Only time you might need to do things down is with AA. Although at 4K you'd be silly to use SSAA, or MSAA. There are better versions on that situations, but for some games MSAA is simply clearly and better so x2 or x4 is more than enough.

Honestly though if you're going to go 4K I strongly suggest a G-Sync monitor to go with the NVIDIA cards. it greatly helps with frame stuttering and variance for some games that can throttle FPS all over the place due to being shoddily made.

In regards to some saying it's not worth it because they can't afford the monitor? It's very much worth it. On YouTube you can easily watch 4K on 1440p or 1080p, and you'll still get a significantly better experience simply because the Bit rate is so much better.

There is also DSR and VSR tech for NV and AMD, where you can run a game at 4K on a none 4K monitor. What it simply does is make the GPU render the game at 4K and then it makes it fit on your monitor. Resulting in significantly better image quality.

It's so much better on older games or games that use the CPU primarily, since it means you'll often get the same or better FPS with a significantly superior visual experience.
Thanks Al. .. I know what you mean... I've seen 4k with my 2 gtx 960 . And it does look better even on my tv which is only 4k... nvidia down scaling looks great