AreebSK

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 16, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys. I joined Freedom about 3 days ago and in my Youtube dashboard, under analytics, it says that my CPM is $5.04. My question is does that mean that for every 1,000 views I get, I earn $5.04? What about the 40% that Freedom takes. If my CPM is $5.04 and I am getting 60% out of it, then how much am I really getting each 1,000 views?
Also, please feel free to check out my channel and give me tips. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o7ssvRg2cpnkvqQGPGMSg

AreebSK

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 16, 2016
YouTube
And how do you increase the percentage of earnings you get? For example, mine are 60% and freedom's are 40%. I want mine to be higher.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
The $5.04 is what the advertisers are paying for monetized views. The majority of your views will probably not be monetized unfortunately as ads aren't placed on every view. Youtube will also take 45% and then Freedom will take their share depending on what % you are at. The default is 40% but this can go down to 5% depending on your views and quality of your channel.

AreebSK

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 16, 2016
YouTube
The $5.04 is what the advertisers are paying for monetized views. The majority of your views will probably not be monetized unfortunately as ads aren't placed on every view. Youtube will also take 45% and then Freedom will take their share depending on what % you are at. The default is 40% but this can go down to 5% depending on your views and quality of your channel.
so if youtube takes 45% and freedom takes 40%, then i only get 15%? thats very low then + i get very little amount of views...