A possible reason why some people do sub for sub

G

Gods of Odds

Of course I just want to say that I do not do sub for sub in any way but I think I know a reason why some people do although it still does not work. I'm starting to think that some people so sub for sub because of course it makes you more subscribes even though most probably in active but it raises the subscriber number and I think that some or a lot of people think that the more subscribers you have then the more people are willing to subscribe. It's like some people are more willing to donate if there is already money in the tip jar, again of course I am not saying it works like that but it's just a bit of insight. What do you all think about it, do you think that could be true?

Reactions: TimeOut Corner

Daniel Chettiar

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 16, 2016
YouTube
According to me, people are doing sub4sub is because they don't really care about putting effort into their content and it might also to be boast off in front of their friends and other colleagues, and it may also be for impressing some one in a short period of time or a bet/challenge there can be many reasons for it, but what i think is they don't really know how youtube works and the just wanna gain subscribers over views without knowing what the views are for
well that's just my opinion
Have a great day ^_^

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
Watch this video of my channel, and you wil understand perfectly why sub for sub isn't working at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimeOut Corner
G

Gods of Odds

According to me, people are doing sub4sub is because they don't really care about putting effort into their content and it might also to be boast off in front of their friends and other colleagues, and it may also be for impressing some one in a short period of time or a bet/challenge there can be many reasons for it, but what i think is they don't really know how youtube works and the just wanna gain subscribers over views without knowing what the views are for
well that's just my opinion
Have a great day ^_^
Yep, probably true.

TimeOut Corner

Freedom! Member
Jan 10, 2015
YouTube
Its hard to say but there can be many reasons for such tactics people use. I think pretty much all reasons stated here are valid reasons and could be reasons why many do try sub for sub. I suppose that there is no real true answer as I am sure some have different reasons than others and some may have multiple reasons.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
Its hard to say but there can be many reasons for such tactics people use. I think pretty much all reasons stated here are valid reasons and could be reasons why many do try sub for sub. I suppose that there is no real true answer as I am sure some have different reasons than others and some may have multiple reasons.

The answer is simple: If you even look to the line: Sub for sub sounds like you wil get more fans each time you sub to one.You already see the numbers of your subs grow and want more. But later you have to realise, all the subs you earned on that way are dead subs. Subs wich wil never watch any video of you. And that's the moment where you find out by yourself that you only fool yourself with doing that. But people want to have subs so bad, that they fergot about the fact that the people only subbed you to get a sub back, but 99% of the time don't even try to look on your video's. Because they only subbed you for a sub and not for your video's, and in fact they don't even care about your video's. Wich make this way 100% pointless. But what I wanna do is a serie with the name is: Playlist for review. Check my latest thread of 2 days ago and you wil understand how that works :p

GucciCarry

Oct 19, 2016
YouTube
Smithtainment
I've explained this already on multiple forums.

As everyone should know it's hard to get recognized on youtube these days. I'm blessed to have about 2,000 subscribers right now considering I've only been active on youtube since about Feb. of this year. A lot of people have spent a year or more trying to reach just 500 to 1,000 subscribers. I'm going to try and help out as many small youtubers as I can as I feel this is the right thing to do. There has been a lot of drama on youtube the past few months with bigger youtubers and I want to try to bring some positivity to youtube.

What are the requirements for this shout out you may ask? I only have one requirement and that is :

- Have good quality content.

I do not require you to "subscribe" to me or any of the other stuff that most of the "shout out series" do. They are not helping their channel or the people they're shouting out in any way. What happens is the person who shouts out others with silly requirements gets all these subscribers who only sub to him for his shout outs and not his content. The person usually requires his "subscribers" or rather (people who only want a shout out) to subscribe to the "shout out winners". The outcome of this is a chain of inactive subscribers. If you check most of the peoples channels who do shout out series most of them have a lot of subscribers with very low views on their other videos and lots of likes / comments / views on their shout out video. Sure they may gain a few "loyal" subscribers but their subscriber to view ratio will be absolutely horrible.

Anyways - here is the first video I did of my shout out series and I feel this is the correct way to do it. If you feel like your channel deserves a shout out, drop a comment below, DM me on here, or contact me via youtube either in the comments or my DM's. I will try my best to do one of these videos every week. I will shout out 3 people per video (4 if I shout out a subscriber.)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Of course I just want to say that I do not do sub for sub in any way but I think I know a reason why some people do although it still does not work. I'm starting to think that some people so sub for sub because of course it makes you more subscribes even though most probably in active but it raises the subscriber number and I think that some or a lot of people think that the more subscribers you have then the more people are willing to subscribe. It's like some people are more willing to donate if there is already money in the tip jar, again of course I am not saying it works like that but it's just a bit of insight. What do you all think about it, do you think that could be true?
In a way this is correct but there is a small thing in the background. Once you have a channel with around 1K subs but only pick 10 views and no to less then 3 comments is something that people also notice. If you have a channel with 1K subs and a average of 10% watches your channel and pick around 100 views and 10 comments or so that is less frowned upon.