A Scare

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Have you ever had one of those kind of things where you do something that you think makes sense, and then after you do it you realized you screwed up to the point you become incredibly nervous? But then ... you find out it's not the end of the world and you fix the issue with in minutes. The relief you feel knowing the mistake is fixed.

Well, I just did that. I was cleaning up my google pages since I had extra from my old channel and channels I had planned to do. Also, considering I started youtube with my, X I had to make a few changes due to our break up recently.

As I was doing so, I deleted one of the accounts not realizing it was the account that linked all of them together. I tried signing back in and realized .. I had just deleted my main, where my channel resides. I was about to break down and slam my head against the desk XD. So I quickly looked up how to restore it, and it seems google has some measures you can take in case of something like this.

Long story short, my accounts are now all clean and only have the ones I need now, after nearly having a heart attack.

Reactions: Danny

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Glad to hear you got that fixed! Seems quite a few people have deleted their main google account not realising that it's the one needed for the youtube channels. Does it not come up with a warning or something like that? :D

Each google page or profile can be linked to one youtube account. But a google account can have multiple pages, and youtube channels. So under normal circumstances a google profile wouldn't let you delete it unless you unlink the specific youtube account it is linked too. The same goes with pages.

However, let's say you have 3 channels and 3 pages and 1 profile. The profile being your actual account.
You have those 3 channels linked to those 3 pages, but non to your actual profile. So when you try to delete the profile, it's not going to tell you anything besides what it's linked to which is nothing.

The way they set things up actually is very confusing, and pretty stupid. I don't understand why you can have multiple channels on one account but you can't have multiple channels on 1 page or profile. What makes it worse is with every page you make it pretty much treats it like a whole other account just using the same credentials. You can actually switch between them as if they are other users. When you create a new channel it also automatically creates a new google page.

So with it being such a mess, it can be pretty easy to mistake your actual account profile for one of your youtube pages and delete it.

See what would make more sense to me is if you delete that profile, it would just take hold of one of your other pages and make that the default. Because i really don't understand why I need a damned google+ for my channel and myself. I just want one rofl.

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Oct 24, 2015
YouTube
Have you ever had one of those kind of things where you do something that you think makes sense, and then after you do it you realized you screwed up to the point you become incredibly nervous? But then ... you find out it's not the end of the world and you fix the issue with in minutes. The relief you feel knowing the mistake is fixed.

Well, I just did that. I was cleaning up my google pages since I had extra from my old channel and channels I had planned to do. Also, considering I started youtube with my, X I had to make a few changes due to our break up recently.

As I was doing so, I deleted one of the accounts not realizing it was the account that linked all of them together. I tried signing back in and realized .. I had just deleted my main, where my channel resides. I was about to break down and slam my head against the desk XD. So I quickly looked up how to restore it, and it seems google has some measures you can take in case of something like this.

Long story short, my accounts are now all clean and only have the ones I need now, after nearly having a heart attack.
Well, maybe pressure and maybe for doing the things fast enough to finish a task with the reason of using the rest of the time on other things..can let you do what it happened to you but hey, everything in life have a solution except dead.
Yes, maybe it could be frustrating when it happens (Gladly it didn´t for you)...but what have to see there is that you can learn something.
Today was something small that happened but it let you a lesson, a lesson to be more careful on your personal things (Yes, a Youtube channel could be considered as that way because is a personal hobbie for your own reasons)..and obviously be more responsable, because I don´t think you want to screw up something really important or delicate.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Well, maybe pressure and maybe for doing the things fast enough to finish a task with the reason of using the rest of the time on other things..can let you do what it happened to you but hey, everything in life have a solution except dead.
Yes, maybe it could be frustrating when it happens (Gladly it didn´t for you)...but what have to see there is that you can learn something.
Today was something small that happened but it let you a lesson, a lesson to be more careful on your personal things (Yes, a Youtube channel could be considered as that way because is a personal hobbie for your own reasons)..and obviously be more responsable, because I don´t think you want to screw up something really important or delicate.

I don't really think it's a matter of being careful, the issue is more of a lack of information if anything. You expect it to work one way, but then it does not. It's more of an issue with how google+ works.

At the time of doing what I was doing, I honestly did not expect it to do what it did. Especially since it listed the things it would delete and it didn't list my channel, which only confirmed my thoughts on what it was going to do. It's also not like it would have actually deleted the channel. It would still be there, probably just be inaccessible.

As I said, the way Google+ and youtbe integration works is pretty weird. it's not something one can simply predict or learn anything from because things don't typically work like this.

Edit:
Just so you know ...
I find your comment pretty offensive because it does sound like you are saying I am to blame and I should be more responsible as if I could some how know that it was going to do that. Sorry, but with the way it works, Google is to blame for their poor design of google+ and it's integration with youtube. Deleting a google+ profile should have 0 effect on youtube. They should be entirely separate.

Last edited:

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Oct 24, 2015
YouTube
I don't really think it's a matter of being careful, the issue is more of a lack of information if anything. You expect it to work one way, but then it does not. It's more of an issue with how google+ works.

At the time of doing what I was doing, I honestly did not expect it to do what it did. Especially since it listed the things it would delete and it didn't list my channel, which only confirmed my thoughts on what it was going to do. It's also not like it would have actually deleted the channel. It would still be there, probably just be inaccessible.

As I said, the way Google+ and youtbe integration works is pretty weird. it's not something one can simply predict or learn anything from because things don't typically work like this.

Edit:
Just so you know ...
I find your comment pretty offensive because it does sound like you are saying I am to blame and I should be more responsible as if I could some how know that it was going to do that. Sorry, but with the way it works, Google is to blame for their poor design of google+ and it's integration with youtube. Deleting a google+ profile should have 0 effect on youtube. They should be entirely separate.
Its weird that you take it offensively my comment, I didn´t mean to sound like that. And well yes, probably google+ is weird being with Youtube but, what I wanted to say really it was: Be responsible on any way and be patient.
Sorry if you felt like that, ¿can you pardon me?

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Its weird that you take it offensively my comment, I didn´t mean to sound like that. And well yes, probably google+ is weird being with Youtube but, what I wanted to say really it was: Be responsible on any way and be patient.
Sorry if you felt like that, ¿can you pardon me?

Ya, sorry ... I am guessing I just misunderstood you.

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
I've had somewhat of a similar experience:

When I first became a forum administrator here, I was taught how to process the partner badge applications and I think I picked it up pretty quickly.

However, I wasn't super familiar with Google Drive's interface at the time, I had only been using it for group projects at school up till that point.

Well I was organizing my files when I suddenly realized that I moved the sheet for the partner badges, and I did not know where it was moved to! :eek: In fact, it was pretty much deleted as I looked everywhere. I grew very nervous at this point and after doing a series of undo's and redo's, I somehow managed to bring it back. I have no idea how I fixed it to this day, it might have just been a caching issue for all I know.

I have become much more proficient with Google Drive since then. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1SB2Gamer