Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I enjoy doing gameplay commentaries about thought envoking things, and I have a subject matter I think would really be cool to do, but want a few opinions on the matter first before I run with it.

I'm wanting to do a commentary on my beliefs. I'm a Christian, and I know how touchy people get with religion. It truly does get a bad rap from people abusing context from the Bible, but I want to show the more accepting and caring side on Christianity. I don't try to force my beliefs on unwilling patrons, and I give everyone a chance to earn my love and respect as another human being. Do I like talking about religion with other Christians? Sure I do! I just think everyone deserves respect and love as a human being. The moment you stop acknowledging that simply because someone else's beliefs differ, you stand against what you try to preach. I may be a man of God, but I'm also a man of love and respect.

Anyways, I would love feedback on the topic. Is it going to be controversial or do you think people will truly enjoy the topic? Just let me know and I will try to base the commentary off of my feedback!

Thank you,
Goped Fred

Reactions: KingJeffo

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Go for it... theres good money in preachin'

Im not a god person myself...

i believe in aliens before god...

But like i say... there are tonnes of people who follow religeons... So if it interests you, you should go for it and give it a try.

Yes it will probably be contraversial but that is not a bad thing when it comes to the tube

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
Go for it... theres good money in preachin'

Im not a god person myself...

i believe in aliens before god...

But like i say... there are tonnes of people who follow religeons... So if it interests you, you should go for it and give it a try.

Yes it will probably be contraversial but that is not a bad thing when it comes to the tube
That's true. Thank you for your input, I appreciate it!

KingJeffo

Freedom! Member
Oct 23, 2014
YouTube
Just go for it dude. I don't see any problem talking about religion as long as you don't shove your beliefs right infront of people faces. Also I'm a Christian, I believe in God. But I don't find it a problem if your just sharing but not shoving your belief into people faces. Just go for it. Also it will be controversial when it comes to religion and be aware that trolls will definitely come out of it's hiding place and try to put you down. But don't feel discourage man! Just do what you think is right.

Reactions: Goped Fred

Jacoby Crossler

Nov 7, 2015
I read the first 3 sentences and can already say NO. I personally am an Atheist but I know that YT is definitely NOT the place to discuss religion. If you ever plan on growing your channel then It isn't a good I deal to share religion or political stand point. Just remember it will always be there and if you do get a larger channel, the second someone find you discussing your religion or other religions there will be at least a few unsubscription but overall there will be many more. Also it wouldn't look good when an employer sees you talking about your and other peoples religion.

It may not be as bad to to mention your religion but don't say things like why yours is better than others or things like that.

If you liked this advice drop a sub\/

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
Just go for it dude. I don't see any problem talking about religion as long as you don't shove your beliefs right infront of people faces. Also I'm a Christian, I believe in God. But I don't find it a problem if your just sharing but not shoving your belief into people faces. Just go for it. Also it will be controversial when it comes to religion and be aware that trolls will definitely come out of it's hiding place and try to put you down. But don't feel discourage man! Just do what you think is right.
Thank you! I definitely like/agree with this response

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I read the first 3 sentences and can already say NO. I personally am an Atheist but I know that YT is definitely NOT the place to discuss religion. If you ever plan on growing your channel then It isn't a good I deal to share religion or political stand point. Just remember it will always be there and if you do get a larger channel, the second someone find you discussing your religion or other religions there will be at least a few unsubscription but overall there will be many more. Also it wouldn't look good when an employer sees you talking about your and other peoples religion.

It may not be as bad to to mention your religion but don't say things like why yours is better than others or things like that.

If you liked this advice drop a sub\/
See, I don't too much agree with that. Just because your Athiest, I'm not going to tell you if you posted that on Youtube that there would be a huge backlash. It's an opinion, not a disease, and people need to stop treating it as one. My whole point is that behind my religion, I'm a PERSON.I don't want to have to hide behind a wall just for what I believe, I want people to see that it's okay to believe in whatever you want to believe in. I don't think any less of you for being Athiest, you shouldn't think any less of me for being Christian. I do respect your opinion though, so thank you :)

Jacoby Crossler

Nov 7, 2015
See, I don't too much agree with that. Just because your Athiest, I'm not going to tell you if you posted that on Youtube that there would be a huge backlash. It's an opinion, not a disease, and people need to stop treating it as one. My whole point is that behind my religion, I'm a PERSON.I don't want to have to hide behind a wall just for what I believe, I want people to see that it's okay to believe in whatever you want to believe in. I don't think any less of you for being Athiest, you shouldn't think any less of me for being Christian. I do respect your opinion though, so thank you :)

I completely agree with a lot of this that you should be able to tell the world what you think but just beware there will be many haters, and make sure you foresee what a college or employer may think. Just keep those in mind as you go through with it.

Hope you do well,
Jodez Playz

Machi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 13, 2015
YouTube
I'm not a god believer

But I believe we're smart enougt to speak calmly about any subject :D

Everyone and everything deserve respect :3 of course there's a lot of things we don't understand, and it bothers us... Love is the best answer!

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I'm not a god believer

But I believe we're smart enougt to speak calmly about any subject :D

Everyone and everything deserve respect :3 of course there's a lot of things we don't understand, and it bothers us... Love is the best answer!
That definitely hits the nail right on the head. It has always bothered me that we can't reason with each other just because of differences of beliefs and opinions.

Machi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 13, 2015
YouTube
I never had any problem with religion, I actualy read a lot of books about shintoïsm (not sure of to write in in english) and for some reasons these days I watch a lot of documentaries about galaxies and black holes! Fascinating!!

The best way to be right with our world, people included, is to b interested in this world :3 if we don't try to understand each other, what's the point of living together? xD

I like this topic a lot!

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I enjoy doing gameplay commentaries about thought envoking things, and I have a subject matter I think would really be cool to do, but want a few opinions on the matter first before I run with it.

I'm wanting to do a commentary on my beliefs. I'm a Christian, and I know how touchy people get with religion. It truly does get a bad rap from people abusing context from the Bible, but I want to show the more accepting and caring side on Christianity. I don't try to force my beliefs on unwilling patrons, and I give everyone a chance to earn my love and respect as another human being. Do I like talking about religion with other Christians? Sure I do! I just think everyone deserves respect and love as a human being. The moment you stop acknowledging that simply because someone else's beliefs differ, you stand against what you try to preach. I may be a man of God, but I'm also a man of love and respect.

Anyways, I would love feedback on the topic. Is it going to be controversial or do you think people will truly enjoy the topic? Just let me know and I will try to base the commentary off of my feedback!

Thank you,
Goped Fred
I'm an Atheist, but regardless of what I think, you should talk about what's closest to your heart and what is most genuine to you. That will at the very least spark some debate in the comment section, just be ready for some vitriol though, you know how nasty the internet can be.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I'm an Atheist, but regardless of what I think, you should talk about what's closest to your heart and what is most genuine to you. That will at the very least spark some debate in the comment section, just be ready for some vitriol though, you know how nasty the internet can be.
Being in the mix of things on the Internet, we know all too well the turmoil of the interwebs. You have a nice fan base, so you'd know better than myself. You just can't let it get to you and do what you like to do (making sure to respect others while doing it, of course). Thank you for your input, I definitely enjoy seeing all of the feedback!

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I never had any problem with religion, I actualy read a lot of books about shintoïsm (not sure of to write in in english) and for some reasons these days I watch a lot of documentaries about galaxies and black holes! Fascinating!!

The best way to be right with our world, people included, is to b interested in this world :3 if we don't try to understand each other, what's the point of living together? xD

I like this topic a lot!
And even on that, we need to understand there are some things we'll never know. There's not really any right or wrong, but you're definitely right about the fact that we need to just see eye to eye with each other and come to a general understanding.

Reactions: Machi

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I find it for sustaining a YouTube community is to let people know where you stand on specific topics, but to not divide them by talking about it.
If I were to talk about the person I support politically, then I'd probably divide my community and lose some of my following if I was a big channel.

The same goes for Religions. It's a touchy subjects and not everyone supports the same things. Topics that might clash with the opinions of others harshly should be left under the curtain.
It's alright to graze is over and be like "Yes, this is a thing" and then drop it there. But for the sake of your channel and wherever it goes in the future, leave it under the curtain.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I find it for sustaining a YouTube community is to let people know where you stand on specific topics, but to not divide them by talking about it.
If I were to talk about the person I support politically, then I'd probably divide my community and lose some of my following if I was a big channel.

The same goes for Religions. It's a touchy subjects and not everyone supports the same things. Topics that might clash with the opinions of others harshly should be left under the curtain.
It's alright to graze is over and be like "Yes, this is a thing" and then drop it there. But for the sake of your channel and wherever it goes in the future, leave it under the curtain.
I do understand where you guys are coming from. I am just so curious as to why everyone thinks a belief has to divide people. It's like as soon as someone realises they don't believe what somebody else does, they quarantine them. I like the idea that we can all exist in a world that we can all just accept the fact people believe in something different. This very diver is what started things like concentration camps and major wars. I like to think we're all not so different, so we should stop all the bias and get along. We need to stick together through things like this and learn to live together. I have a goal to bring people together through the controversies and move for a more positive and accepting community. I know not everyone will agree, but we have to start somewhere.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It is something embedded into our species. When we believe something hard enough to our hearts, we will fight back viciously against those who propose other ways of it being. Its quite simply a thing we've evolved to react to. While the greatest of us do believe in world peace as a possibility, as long as there is more than one belief system, it is a realistic impossibility.

Thunderbolt

Electronic Musician & Video Game Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2014
Malaysia
YouTube
zackstrikes
It's a touchy subject indeed, but there's nothing wrong with talking about religion on the internet in my opinion. ALTHOUGH, there ARE going to be people out there who just can't help but be butthurt and offended by anything and everything.

So it's best to just say "Hey, I'm a Christian and I'm proud to be one!", then stay away from the topic as far as possible, as long as possible. Whatever you do, NEVER PREACH unless you're confident that 80% of your subscribers will respect your opinion.

Reactions: Nolan Westmore

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Personally I think that you should totally go for it. We should all respect each others different beliefs as long as they are not imposing on somebody else's or are a danger to somebody else. Of course this is a really gray area and needs to be handled delicately. For example there are many Christians that believe that gays are immoral well then that could cause danger to them unintentionally. Gray areas like that are why people usually avoid topics like this however I think that is the wrong way to go about it. I think we just all need to be smart about it and know how to word things appropriately and with consideration to opposing views. You seem like a smart and balanced guy so I think you could handle talking about topics like this. If you were some type of radical I would say definitely not. It really depends on the person and how they go about communicating their message to the world whether or not I would say that they should talk about it. In your case, it seems to be as if you would handle it with care and so I think that you should because it is obviously something important to you. Be aware like people have said already that there will be backlash, vitriol, unsubscribers and things like that without a doubt. However if you can handle it all with care you can in a way weed out the people that don't really click with your true self and in a sense make your audience more focused and agreeable. I personally don't subscribe to any particular religion though I feel as if many of the worlds religions hold some truth within them. I think they all stem from the same place in human consciousness. I would consider myself a spiritual person. I have seen and experienced too many things in this life to not believe that there is something beyond it. My beliefs would probably be categorized within the ranks of "new age" beliefs I would think though I don't want to get into them because who knows in the end really? I choose to go by what I do know without a doubt and that is what is in front of my eyes and this life that I have, this pathetically short and precious life. If one thing is for certain is that we should live it as best as we can. This philosophy of mine leads back to my answer which is that if you feel that your way is the truth well then spread it for the people and maybe it can help them as it has helped you, just thread carefully if you truly want to succeed in that endeavor.