Forums Allow banners for YouTube partners.

Quatec

Apr 21, 2016
Quateck

Hello. I am Quatec, also known as Quentin and I am new to the Freedom! network, although I am very fond of the forum system Xenforo which the forums are built onto.

If none of you are fond with what you could do in the administrator panels, you can get various addons as well as many themes in general other than the simplistic white, blue and green of this site. Originally, I am part of another website that I will not disclose as it is not related to this site in particular, but there are many globally that use this exact forum system.

The other website I mentioned earlier has a profile addon which you can go ahead and if you're a premium user (a donator), you can go ahead and apply a banner on your profile. It's normally in this part of your profile:

So what is my suggestion? I feel like Freedom! partners should be allowed to take part of this addon. Most people would be able to use it on these forums and they can use it to promote their social media or anything else.

Just to show off what it would look like, this is an exact member of a website that I'm going to use as an example. You can obviously see that the tabs have moved closer below and you can see that it (the banner) has replaced where the tabs originally were.

So, I hope you enjoy this suggestion and criticism is always appreciated.

Thanks
Quentin

NOTES

I believe only people with the Freedom! Partner tag should be able to have permission for this. Banners take a lot of room on storage space and especially on the host. As long as you're serious about YouTube to qualify for the tag, then you should have the privilege to get it.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
While it might be an interesting addon, I don't think that the profile pages are viewed by others often enough to be able to warrant this kind of an update. The people who do view it tend to be the person that the page is made for (you visit your own page), but most go there briefly to change some information or to add a subscribe button to their signature (which I do not recommend actually doing).

Perhaps if we could do something to make it worth using the profile page, then it would be worth it. But as of now, people only post status updates as a method of advertising their videos because they can't get natural views, something I also don't recommend doing.

Quatec

Apr 21, 2016
Quateck
While it might be an interesting addon, I don't think that the profile pages are viewed by others often enough to be able to warrant this kind of an update. The people who do view it tend to be the person that the page is made for (you visit your own page), but most go there briefly to change some information or to add a subscribe button to their signature (which I do not recommend actually doing).

Perhaps if we could do something to make it worth using the profile page, then it would be worth it. But as of now, people only post status updates as a method of advertising their videos because they can't get natural views, something I also don't recommend doing.
That's certainly true, but I thought it would be a cool addon when the time came :)

Quatec

Apr 21, 2016
Quateck
After looking at this it seems that we're going to have to pass this one by for now.
That's great, it was not a suggestion I wanted it done immediately or anything or something I would uproar on, but I thought it would be helpful for members who tend to be active on the forums (such as myself.) Regardless, I appreciate you checking this out Anthony and the staff or administrators consider it.