YouTube Any Tips for YouTube?

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
My channel just never seems to grow. I've racked up over 350 videos over the past 3 years, but I never seem to grow. It's ironic that my channel seemingly does better when I upload low quality content, while the content I work harder on generally does worse.

My channel took a big hit late last year due to YT removing my inactive subs, and I've never recovered since.

I recently took a 3 month break from YT due to school. The comments I've gotten have gathered a lot of support, which I'm thankful for.

Could this be due to the variety (5) of content that's on my channel? Any Tips is appreciated! .

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I think you should try and focus on one area, if you upload something completely different to what users subscribed to that's when you can get people leaving. If you want to upload others things you can always set up a different channel and let people know that you are doing this content over there so people can come over if they like that type of content.

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
Thanks Koala!
That's what I started to do last year, but I figured having 4 different channels would be just too much at this point. The only weekly series is the Food, all the others are occasional uploads.
It does feel like the subs are stable since I usually gain a few while I lose a few!

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
I'd say make something interesting about what your doing! Make something that you would watch if you randomly found a video or it came to your recommended.

Magikarp Films

Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jan 11, 2017
YouTube
well... i started late oct early nov. all i have to say. keep at it with the same thing and i'm sure things will work up to something good. like my channel is based off of pokemon/gaming. went from oct only having 1 sub to what i have now. so keep it around the same idea or warn them you like to do more then what you are doing in a few videos knowing that you are going to have a few more things to the channel and should be smooth.