anyone elso getting the rx 480??

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
I'm not seen as I got a R9 380 a few months back. When it comes to GPU cooling it really depends on how good your case airflow is to what version you get. I can recommend MSI for good quality cards as long as your case has a good airflow / cooling.

Dr. Dunk

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I'm not seen as I got a R9 380 a few months back. When it comes to GPU cooling it really depends on how good your case airflow is to what version you get. I can recommend MSI for good quality cards as long as your case has a good airflow / cooling.
worst timing man, the rx 480 will be faster that the gtx 970 with a price of 200-250, also i know my builds of coolers just dont know if i want the blower style (looks awesome) or the open air ones. my airflow if pretty good btw (one front one bach one top)

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
worst timing man, the rx 480 will be faster that the gtx 970 with a price of 200-250, also i know my builds of coolers just dont know if i want the blower style (looks awesome) or the open air ones. my airflow if pretty good btw (one front one bach one top)

I know but when I made the purchase the release was totally unknown (it was just 2016), its still a good card for me as I don't have any really intensive games that need any better. May upgrade in a year or two when it starts getting obsolete or if I have money to spare.

Dr. Dunk

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I know but when I made the purchase the release was totally unknown (it was just 2016), its still a good card for me as I don't have any really intensive games that need any better. May upgrade in a year or two when it starts getting obsolete or if I have money to spare.
i have the same but gaming in the 550 on an ultrawide montor isnt the best lol

Prilixy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 6, 2015
YouTube

why did you buy it? you could ahve waited a little longer and got much more for your money

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
why did you buy it? you could ahve waited a little longer and got much more for your money

I was kind of despise for a graphics card at the time as I had on board graphics from intel and as I'm on a Games Development course I needed something when it came to making 3D games. I do see myself upgrading it in a year or so if and when I have the money to do so. Right now its not a primary concern of mine. For all we know in a few generations time I could get something at the same price as the 480 that's as good as say a 980ti or better, who knows :)

Prilixy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 6, 2015
YouTube
I was kind of despise for a graphics card at the time as I had on board graphics from intel and as I'm on a Games Development course I needed something when it came to making 3D games. I do see myself upgrading it in a year or so if and when I have the money to do so. Right now its not a primary concern of mine. For all we know in a few generations time I could get something at the same price as the 480 that's as good as say a 980ti or better, who knows :)

nvm now i know the performance on gtx 970 is better than rx 480 what a disipointment