Jun 14, 2017
United Kingdom
YouTube

StringStorm

Freedom! Member
Jul 15, 2015
stringstorm.info
YouTube
As a professional musician, I am inclined to give a full blown criticism but since you mentioned at the start of the song that this was meant to be a joke song, I'll tone it down a bit.

The thing that hit me first was the vocals. They're too overly compressed to the point where the consonants sound so sharp and the vowels that follow had to compensate with its volume being smashed to make room for the consonants. The sibilants are too harsh aswell. My solution to this would be to give it a single layer of compression with a ratio of 4:1 above -24db. After this, apply an equalization with the parameters: 5khz @-1.1db, 6.3khz @-3.2db, and finally, 8khz and above @-4.6db. You also need to tweak the mid range downward a bit, though. Have the reverb's wet signal at 30% so that it is just barely audible. Anything above that and the vocals would sound overly foggy. And lastly, apply a faux double track and then pan them hard left and right respectively with one of them having its pitch raised by 1%. That way, you can maximize volume reduction on the vocals and still make the vocals sound clear.

But other than that, your song is good and can stand on its own. I would suggest you apply these parameters on your next song if you find someone who can help you out so that it'd sound better.

Last edited: