Are Games Getting Over Hyped?

SW4NK GAMING

Rising User
Oct 19, 2015
YouTube
Hey guys in the past year..year in a half we seen games get a lot of hype and after it releases the game life spend seem to only last a couple weeks.(Batman, BF Hardline, NBA LIVE) Yes those games still have players and still very popular, but each game was known for being "over hyped" not worth a full $60. Are games being over hype or we losing interest too fast?

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
Not all of them. If we are talking about triple A games like Metal Gear Solid 5 and Witcher 3 they will always be remembered because they had very good quality and will always be remembered by their true fans. If we are going by your examples, the last Batman game did not hit the sweet spot well with it's fans (and I am not talking about the PC incident, but the overall content which was not as good as City for example), BF Hardline had it's issues (I have not played the game, nor do I want to cause I am not a fan of military FPS) , and NBA...well, I have no idea, I am no sports gamer.

I am not gonna let my hype for a specific game blind me, if the game ends up being good than I am happy, if not than I am not gonna be disappointed. I do not even go for triple A games that much anymore, I just go for lesser known yet very entertaining games that get released, and also very old yet iconic games of the past that have built great fans.

Reactions: Holy Apple

thundar001

Jul 31, 2015
YouTube
Some games do get over hyped at times. I have seen a lot of people take the opinions of the die had fans or the company that is doing the advertising for the game. Besides its not their fault that they tried to promote to earn money it's really our own fault for getting caught up in the band wagon and thinking it's going the be the best game ever. We have all been there at some point.