Audience Retention

CwebXIV Games

Rising User
Apr 4, 2015
YouTube
How high is everyone's audience retention I feel like my videos are good and I have good content but, my best videos could only be a viewed for like a few seconds. My audience view duration stands at 2:40 and the average percentage viewed is 6.4% after 7 months of youtube and it still hasn't gotten easier .-.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
3:21 at 14%. Channel is new, been releasing videos for a month.

My best current video is 2:13 at 21%. Do keep in mind this video actually ends at around 4:30, but I have a pretty long end card at the end. So in actual fact it should be closer to 50%. Then on top of that, if I only count the main content, and not the closing .. then it would be 4:00. So overall most people who watch it, watched enough of it to be able to get the information needed, and then left.

Makes sense since it's just a mod spotlight video.

I also can't really consider my statistics to be accurate though since the videos are not old enough to get a clear picture where exactly it is that I stand.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
My overall averages are 5:24 and 50%, it's slowly risen as my subscribers have become more involved, even though my average views are slightly declining.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
My average is 1.59 minutes and 42% all my videos are quite short though. You could try making videos slightly shorter, I've heard that around 15 minutes max is good to start off with then make them longer once you have a larger following. Without having a large amount of subs the retention time is always going to be fairly low, so I don't think you should worry about that too much.

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
Mine is fluctuating in the range of 16-18% and even some of my videos about 20-30 minutes long, people only view about 2 minutes of it. Sad life :((( but that's how it is.