Tips & Tricks Audio Syncing Help!

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Basically I don't have a mic for my camera yet so I use the voice memos app on my iPhone which actually works pretty well. The problem is is it takes WAY too long to sync the audio and the video up in Final Cut Pro, the editing software that I use. Does anyone know a free app I can download for my mac that'll do this automatically for me? I've tried Pluraleyes and it just didn't work for me

Prilixy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 6, 2015
YouTube
doing sign with your fingers counting in when you start the recording on your phone should work then just start the audio clip there and cut of the start of the camera video so they line up then try move both audio and video at the same time

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Basically I don't have a mic for my camera yet so I use the voice memos app on my iPhone which actually works pretty well. The problem is is it takes WAY too long to sync the audio and the video up in Final Cut Pro, the editing software that I use. Does anyone know a free app I can download for my mac that'll do this automatically for me? I've tried Pluraleyes and it just didn't work for me
I would try to line them up easier by starting a count down, or to start having a system in place where you can have dead sound for a few seconds before you begin recording.