Book-lovers are extinct

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It's just sad to see how few people actually read anymore, this discussion just proves it! What are your thoughts about people reading less and less?
People are reading less and less because we are reading more and more. Let me explain.

We live in a society where we are bombarded by information from all different viewpoints. Often reading more than 10,000 words a day and being exposed to many hundreds of thousands of words. Paying attention to them is a different story, the fact is they are there. The amount contrasted to the average length of a novel (~90,000 words) means we actually read more than the olden-day book-reader.

While I do agree that we should be able to sit down and read something structure, most of us have become adjusted to a life where information comes from everywhere all the time, and that takes away our appreciation for reading.

Reactions: Christina Kersten

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
People are reading less and less because we are reading more and more. Let me explain.

We live in a society where we are bombarded by information from all different viewpoints. Often reading more than 10,000 words a day and being exposed to many hundreds of thousands of words. Paying attention to them is a different story, the fact is they are there. The amount contrasted to the average length of a novel (~90,000 words) means we actually read more than the olden-day book-reader.

While I do agree that we should be able to sit down and read something structure, most of us have become adjusted to a life where information comes from everywhere all the time, and that takes away our appreciation for reading.
Makes sense

The Gamingtons

Jan 2, 2016
YouTube
Well me personally I would have to say it's a sad reality we are facing where people font want to read like before, from experience in working at an elemantary school after school I can say the educational system is ****** and is getting worse, the kids are not being taught to read like before or do simple educational things and it's scary to see that generations growing up are reading less and less because they aren't being introduce to the importance of it, teachers just want the easy distract them with games and electronics on a daily basis thing :/