YouTube Building Fanbase

goshops

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 23, 2014
YouTube
Hey guys.

First off, not trying to promote myself or my channel but I am seeking some help or tips or whatever regarding YouTube.

How to build a fanbase?

I've had my channel for a few years now and have not-so steadily released gaming videos, as my schedule allows. A few videos have a few thousand views and I've got a few subscribers... but I would like help on how to build a fanbase; people that look forward to my videos and post regular comments and such.

Any tips?

Timmy_Taco

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 7, 2016
YouTube
timmehtaco
Looking at your channel try to make eye catching thumbnails. Put some colors in your thumbnails and try to be consistent. Keep your viewers watching by developing a personality or be interesting at least.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey guys.

First off, not trying to promote myself or my channel but I am seeking some help or tips or whatever regarding YouTube.

How to build a fanbase?

I've had my channel for a few years now and have not-so steadily released gaming videos, as my schedule allows. A few videos have a few thousand views and I've got a few subscribers... but I would like help on how to build a fanbase; people that look forward to my videos and post regular comments and such.

Any tips?
Your analytics give a good view where your audience comes from, what your best content is and with that formula you can try to target that specific audience wich will lead to building the fan base you seek :)

gunsage

Freedom! Member
I've been looking for more information on this too. I feel like I work very hard and try to promote my channel, but don't really get many views, let alone comments and conversations. I'll dogear this page for myself just in case more discussion is added here. Also, if you're interested in creating cool thumbnails, but you're broke and can't afford expensive photo editing software like me, I'd recommend checking out canva.com. I've been able to create a lot of cool thumbnails very easily with transparencies and the works. If you'd like to see some examples, you could check out my page.

I'm not even saying check out my vids, just check the thumbnails for the videos. Pretty proud of those, actually.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube is a platform where millions of users upload content daily, and, it's hard to be noticed because of that, we all know that if we all started 2007 and kept only one channel going, we all would be in million subscribers with lots of competition at that, even now, there is a lot of competition when it comes to YouTube, it's like Twitch, it's hard to be noticed when you just started.

Therefore, there is no huge tips we can give, since there are enough tips around the YouTube, so :p -- If it doesn't work out then don't be sad about it, there are plenty of other careers you can follow.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
There is literally no way we can help you, just keep building your channel like it's a hobby, there are so many youtubers who give out the same exact tip like I have, and, many others who have visited this particular forum page/thread, so keep in remind that youtube isn't as easy as it once was, it takes a lot of grinding, so keep doing it and see the result of it yourself.