Request Can I Get A Review Of Thumbnails and over all video quality

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I have been doing youtube for 2 months now i think my videos are pretty good but i would love to know your option https://www.youtube.com/user/vmancool1
Investing in some artwork would help you stand out from everybody else. Have you considered making a channel trailer as well? You can entice a lot of people to join if you manage to make a strong impression ^^

vmancool

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
YouTube
Investing in some artwork would help you stand out from everybody else. Have you considered making a channel trailer as well? You can entice a lot of people to join if you manage to make a strong impression ^^
Yeah i am going to upload a channel Trailer today hopefully if psn will connect to youtube

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
These are just my opinions..take 'em for what they are worth -

• Your banner is sleek, but I agree with Fattmat9001, you should get some more art work.. make it pop a bit more. It doesn't have to be intricate or anything, just a bit more engaging. To use his channel, when I see his banner.. I find a picture of him in the middle dancing, it's simple but intriguing.
  • Channel Trailer, I don't know that game..So it's not really interesting to me. Whats your channel, who are you? Why should I subscribe? A channel trailer can help with that. For examples, look at AngryJoeShow, The Gaming Heretic, TotalBiscuit and others for channel trailer ads.
  • Your thumbnails don't pop. Remember, when someone searches for what ever you are doing, you are competing with hundreds of videos.. Why should people go to your channel? For our network, we've decided to do a Rainbow coloring.. It makes our stuff pop out..take a look here.
  • I don't hate your audio, but there's a bit to much dead air for me. Remember, this is effectively you talking to a group of people. Make it a show ;)
  • YOU NEED TO TAG YOUR VIDEOS.
    • If you ignore everything else in this post, start tagging your stuff more. It needs to be more then just 3 or 4 entries. Do a google search or youtube search (OR BOTH) on the stuff you are doing a video on and use those tags. Noone will find your stuff if you don't.

vmancool

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
YouTube
These are just my opinions..take 'em for what they are worth -

• Your banner is sleek, but I agree with Fattmat9001, you should get some more art work.. make it pop a bit more. It doesn't have to be intricate or anything, just a bit more engaging. To use his channel, when I see his banner.. I find a picture of him in the middle dancing, it's simple but intriguing.
  • Channel Trailer, I don't know that game..So it's not really interesting to me. Whats your channel, who are you? Why should I subscribe? A channel trailer can help with that. For examples, look at AngryJoeShow, The Gaming Heretic, TotalBiscuit and others for channel trailer ads.
  • Your thumbnails don't pop. Remember, when someone searches for what ever you are doing, you are competing with hundreds of videos.. Why should people go to your channel? For our network, we've decided to do a Rainbow coloring.. It makes our stuff pop out..take a look here.
  • I don't hate your audio, but there's a bit to much dead air for me. Remember, this is effectively you talking to a group of people. Make it a show ;)
  • YOU NEED TO TAG YOUR VIDEOS.
    • If you ignore everything else in this post, start tagging your stuff more. It needs to be more then just 3 or 4 entries. Do a google search or youtube search (OR BOTH) on the stuff you are doing a video on and use those tags. Noone will find your stuff if you don't.
ok thanks i'll see what i can do

JetpackgamingYT

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
YouTube
Hey first off I liked your thumbnails they seemed good to me but may need some work
second on your channel trailer you have the music audio up to high you can barely hear you voice.
but other wise great job keep doing what your doing!

vmancool

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
YouTube
Hey first off I liked your thumbnails they seemed good to me but may need some work
second on your channel trailer you have the music audio up to high you can barely hear you voice.
but other wise great job keep doing what your doing!
Thanks

InstaSim

A Welsh Entertainment Channel
Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2015
Wales, UK
YouTube
InstaSim6
Immediately when I got onto your channel:
  • Your channel icon looks meh. It's probably better to have like a channel logo with no more than about 5 colours. I made mine with MS Paint so the tools to make a channel icon are not far from reach.
  • The banner looks a little bland. I'd recommend you spice it up. Add your name and social pages (Twitter, Facebook). Let people know where to find you.
  • The channel trailer. (I see this a lot) The music over-powers the commentary. The background music only needs to be faint in the background, unless it's the main focus of the video, and if you're doing commentary over the music, don't make the music too loud. You want to be heard. Use VannossGaming and other Funny Moments creators as guidelines. You can hear their commentary perfectly and can hear the music faintly, as it should be.
Overall:
  • Thumbnails are pretty good
  • About page needs a better description (imo)
  • Links are fine
So overall, your channel is pretty good but improvements can definitely be made to some aspects

Sorry if I come across as harsh, I'm just merely giving suggestions :)

vmancool

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
YouTube
Immediately when I got onto your channel:
  • Your channel icon looks meh. It's probably better to have like a channel logo with no more than about 5 colours. I made mine with MS Paint so the tools to make a channel icon are not far from reach.
  • The banner looks a little bland. I'd recommend you spice it up. Add your name and social pages (Twitter, Facebook). Let people know where to find you.
  • The channel trailer. (I see this a lot) The music over-powers the commentary. The background music only needs to be faint in the background, unless it's the main focus of the video, and if you're doing commentary over the music, don't make the music too loud. You want to be heard. Use VannossGaming and other Funny Moments creators as guidelines. You can hear their commentary perfectly and can hear the music faintly, as it should be.
Overall:
  • Thumbnails are pretty good
  • About page needs a better description (imo)
  • Links are fine
So overall, your channel is pretty good but improvements can definitely be made to some aspects

Sorry if I come across as harsh, I'm just merely giving suggestions :)
thanks