Can I Get some advice?

Joemeister

Rising User
Mar 23, 2015
Houston, Texas
YouTube
Hey everybody! I'll be getting back into the YouTube game soon, trying to make it my full time job. I made the mistake of trying to do YouTube and spend time with my girlfriend in addition to working 5am to 5pm (that have me approx. 4 hours at the end of the day) and I didn't have enough time to make videos...anyways, now that I'm coming back, I'm stacking back some finished videos before I start, to fill in the times when I can't make a video, but other than that does anybody have some suggestions for a guy coming back from a break?

Thanks for the help and hopefully we can all do this full time :)

Hazza

Dec 28, 2015
YouTube
Be yourself dude and make the videos only you are good at making if you need any tips and tricks on how you can grow your channel come over to my channel and watch some of my videos I make alot of tutorials showing people how to develop their channels.

Check out my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmyJz9XYbwIIBsmXxuiLkLQ

Be yourself and make the videos that you enjoy making that's my advice to you so what are you waiting for go and do something now go on.

hahhaahaha

THANKS HARIBO

Joemeister

Rising User
Mar 23, 2015
Houston, Texas
YouTube
Be yourself dude and make the videos only you are good at making if you need any tips and tricks on how you can grow your channel come over to my channel and watch some of my videos I make alot of tutorials showing people how to develop their channels.

Check out my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmyJz9XYbwIIBsmXxuiLkLQ

Be yourself and make the videos that you enjoy making that's my advice to you so what are you waiting for go and do something now go on.

hahhaahaha

THANKS HARIBO
Thanks for the advice. I won't waste any time! Cool channel too, especially the videos about how much certain you tubers make. :)

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hey everybody! I'll be getting back into the YouTube game soon, trying to make it my full time job. I made the mistake of trying to do YouTube and spend time with my girlfriend in addition to working 5am to 5pm (that have me approx. 4 hours at the end of the day) and I didn't have enough time to make videos...anyways, now that I'm coming back, I'm stacking back some finished videos before I start, to fill in the times when I can't make a video, but other than that does anybody have some suggestions for a guy coming back from a break?

Remember as well that you don't have to be in such a rush either. Quality is always much better than quantity. It's much better if you take a whole month to make something incredible nobody has ever seen before than to shoot out a video every day that is something totally generic. What I did with my channel this last year is constantly test the waters. I would put out a video about this type of game and let it sit for months analyzing it's growth or lack of growth. I would put out some videos about the current big game, a retro game, videos with commentary and without, with thumbnails and without. I tried all types of weird combinations in order to try and narrow an audience down as well as what people wanted from me and what they didn't. I would let many videos sit more months and months in order to get good data. Youtubing is a long term relationship and for it to really succeed you have to commit to it. Good luck.

Joemeister

Rising User
Mar 23, 2015
Houston, Texas
YouTube
Remember as well that you don't have to be in such a rush either. Quality is always much better than quantity. It's much better if you take a whole month to make something incredible nobody has ever seen before than to shoot out a video every day that is something totally generic. What I did with my channel this last year is constantly test the waters. I would put out a video about this type of game and let it sit for months analyzing it's growth or lack of growth. I would put out some videos about the current big game, a retro game, videos with commentary and without, with thumbnails and without. I tried all types of weird combinations in order to try and narrow an audience down as well as what people wanted from me and what they didn't. I would let many videos sit more months and months in order to get good data. Youtubing is a long term relationship and for it to really succeed you have to commit to it. Good luck.
Thanks for the amazing advice. Testing the waters seems like it's the best way to go, maybe I'll make an experimental channel just for that!

Reactions: All Games Must Die

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
Well welcome back to cyber world work. Girlfriends are nice to have, I wish I have one, but you have a point because of that there is more time for videos. Just keep good work like before and try up some new interesting stuff that your fans like. :)

Joemeister

Rising User
Mar 23, 2015
Houston, Texas
YouTube
Well welcome back to cyber world work. Girlfriends are nice to have, I wish I have one, but you have a point because of that there is more time for videos. Just keep good work like before and try up some new interesting stuff that your fans like. :)
I am going to be trying a bunch of new stuff for sure! Hard to get ideas though. I will work it out eventually! Thanks for the advice :)

brianstraveltale

Rising User
Jan 16, 2016
YouTube
Welcome back, and after a long hiatus just start fresh and dont worry about trying to get the old viewers interested as much and just pretent like you are sarting new

Stoonios

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2015
www.stoonios.com
YouTube

I've a lot of problems coming back from a break too haha, I just started over on a new channel but if I were to do it again I'd start doing more regular uploads (just for the first while after the return) and even just trying to gather a presence on other social media (especially twitter) and bring in new viewers also. Hope I helped! :)

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
My advice would be, be consistent with your uploads, so people will actually be expecting a video from you on a certain day. That's a reason for them to come back.
Next, reach out to your audience...ask them what they would like to watch and give them what they want.
Next, spread your videos through social media.
Best of luck.