Cannabis - Medical Use / Recreational Use / Legality

Chege

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Feb 24, 2014
England
YouTube
Firstly, my sincerest apologies to staff members if this thread discussion is considered inappropriate. Please message me and I will have it removed as soon as possible.

Weed, Dope or the Devil's cabbage as some British people say, is exploding in the media with American states legalizing the drug not just for medical use, but also recreational use. Many studies and people argue the drug has medical health benefits, whilst many others argue it's dangerous and can lead to schizophrenia.

I've created this thread so people can discuss there personal views on cannabis. Weather it's just a funny story of you and some friends smoking up, or that you think the drug is ruining the current generation. Please do share your opinions and stories.

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
I personally think marijuana is pretty detrimental to your health. I live in Colorado, one of the states that has legalized it, and it's not been good in my opinion. You can't go anywhere without running into people that are too high to function. People drive under the influence of marijuana. There are pot shops on every corner, and the state is becoming way too overpopulated because of people moving here just for weed. People say it's helping the economy, but all it has really done is drive the price for housing wayyyy up. In some places rent for a one bedroom apartment is $1200 a month. That's more than my house payment, for a one bedroom apartment. I know a lot of people probably disagree with me, but it's a drug, it's damaging your body, and it needs to be illegal.

Chege

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Feb 24, 2014
England
YouTube
I personally think marijuana is pretty detrimental to your health. I live in Colorado, one of the states that has legalized it, and it's not been good in my opinion. You can't go anywhere without running into people that are too high to function. People drive under the influence of marijuana. There are pot shops on every corner, and the state is becoming way too overpopulated because of people moving here just for weed. People say it's helping the economy, but all it has really done is drive the price for housing wayyyy up. In some places rent for a one bedroom apartment is $1200 a month. That's more than my house payment, for a one bedroom apartment. I know a lot of people probably disagree with me, but it's a drug, it's damaging your body, and it needs to be illegal.

I guess I've never thought about it like that. I am personally a recreational user of cannabis and enjoy it, but I am just as heavily against those who drive under the influence of marijuana, as I am those under the influence of alcohol. It's dangerous and if it was ever to be legailized here in the UK, I would refuse to drive whilst under the influence.

As for the overpopulation and massive increase of house pricing, that could be easily resolved it cannibals was made legal for recreational use in more US states and countries. For example, the current Prime Minister of Canada is making cannabis legal by 2017, meaning Americans have the option of moving to big Canadian cities like Vancouver, Toronto or Quebec. Though it's damaging house prices as well, I bet the amount of money the government is making of cannabis tax revenue is HUGE.

As for damaging your body, what about in moderate use? Additionally, everyone reacts differently to drugs. I have friends who have smoked it non stop for the last 3/4 years and they're fine, whilst I have some friends who have smoked it a few months and have massive anxiety over it. Therefore, I think it should be legal as people who encounter anxiety and other issues from it can simply choose not to smoke it, whilst those not affected can carry on doing so.

Fluctuate

Rising User
Jun 11, 2016
YouTube
my personal views on this is it should be leage but like alcohol it needs to have restrictions on many things when you're under the influence.