Canon G7X Mark ii

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
What iPhone do you use and how is the quality?

I use an IPhone 6S it's actually great when your filming outside using natural light and also takes pretty good video indoors. I have the ability to shoot with 4K but I only have a 16GB so I shoot in 1080p sometimes at 60fps.
However. The thing that bothers me as a filmmaker is the lack of options for the iPhone camera, you can't adjust much at all, I've had to do most of the stuff in post and I also had to get an app called VSCO however it doesn't work that well.

Last edited:

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
I was thinking about using the iPhone 7 for my vlogging needs when I get it. If its food quality I just might use that. Thank you for your input :)

No problem. I'm personally sticking with the 6S for another year or so because I'm not really a fan of the iPhone 7 but j do like the camera.
But if your really serious about YouTube then I suggest maybe looking into proper cameras.

Reactions: Steven&Cilla

Steven&Cilla

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 12, 2016
Long Island, NY
YouTube
Yeah I was getting a new phone anyway and its a plus that it has a good camera. I have a really low quality camera I use now and for the time being it at least gets the job done. But I think I am going to pursue the Canon G7X Mark ii.