Channel Issues

Phusion Shark

Rising User
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
I genuinely do not know what to do anymore cause I've reached a stale point on sub count and I've been doing what I usually do but being me on my vids doesn't appear to be helping audience retention either(I'm at 1:39 withe vids going to about 9-15 minutes. I'm not a good editor unless I'd upload weekly, but I set myself to be (almost) daily. I would like some help and brutal honesty on opinions and suggestions of what should I do and what I shouldn't do. The Channel is the the same as my name so if you would like to help search my name upand reply with your opinions either here or in the comments

Armalitus

New User
May 13, 2016
I just watched your trailer video, and I'll try go give some things that I like, and some areas for improvement.

You have good energy, and are entertaining to watch. The people you played with were high energy as well. There was never a dull moment.

However, you could do with more viewer engagement. I was thrown into this game that I didn't understand without so much as a "hello". Recording a 15 second voice-over intro would have done a lot to hook me for several minutes. What game was it? Who were you playing with? What's your name again? Things like this should be addressed early on. A short outro would be great as well.

The only other thing that I noticed that could be improved upon is your audio quality. It seemed like you regularly over-modulated your microphone. Consider placing it farther away from you, or upgrading.

That's my .02 in any case. Hope it was helpful!

LanokirX

Respected User
Feb 9, 2016
Värnamo, Sweden
www.youtube.com
YouTube
From checking a bit of your video did I think it was very good. : o

What I saw have you been doing Youtube vids for 7 months? Think you need to let it take the time, cause it's really hard to reach out. Good thing is to be active on social media like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc, as well on sites like Reddit and more. Also collaboration is another good way imo. c:

Just keep up, and take it as it come. I know how it feels to struggle, think most of us do here. Even the greatest Youtubers started where we are now. : )

We just need to be stubborn and bite the internet by the balls and not let go!

Tom Klin

Respected User
Jun 25, 2014
YouTube
in order to get more subs you need to produce content that people are looking for or else people wont find you.

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
I genuinely do not know what to do anymore cause I've reached a stale point on sub count and I've been doing what I usually do but being me on my vids doesn't appear to be helping audience retention either(I'm at 1:39 withe vids going to about 9-15 minutes. I'm not a good editor unless I'd upload weekly, but I set myself to be (almost) daily. I would like some help and brutal honesty on opinions and suggestions of what should I do and what I shouldn't do. The Channel is the the same as my name so if you would like to help search my name upand reply with your opinions either here or in the comments

You have some great content, but your titles are not that inviting. Gaming is a very competitive video space and is dominated by the big names, so to give your videos a better chance try having more elaborate titles such as "Vegan confessions in Miner Murder Match" something that creates a little intrigue.

The other thing I have spotted is that your twitter is not particularly active. It is a great platform for you to gain subs and get discovered. Where are you currently sharing your videos?

Cheers

Phusion Shark

Rising User
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
You have some great content, but your titles are not that inviting. Gaming is a very competitive video space and is dominated by the big names, so to give your videos a better chance try having more elaborate titles such as "Vegan confessions in Miner Murder Match" something that creates a little intrigue.

The other thing I have spotted is that your twitter is not particularly active. It is a great platform for you to gain subs and get discovered. Where are you currently sharing your videos?

Cheers
Honestly you are the first person to give me actionable advice all the best of luck with your own channel. cheers