Channel Review/More Activity

MakePeaceNotWar24

Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2015
Pittsburgh
YouTube
Hey guys i could use some feedback on my channel. Maybe some tips to grow activity. I know my playlists need work and i need a channel trailer. http://www.youtube.com/vrage87

I have been on youtube on and off for 3 years. over the past yr i have been more active. i have 461 subscribers but only get 10 or less views on each videos. How can i promote my videos and get more views? how can i get more activity on my channel? Any and all feedback/tips is appreciated.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Channel branding looks pretty good, try to stick to a theme or something with the thumbnails. Also try not to use more than 3-5 words, so that people can glance at them and read them. Usually it's more about the visual than actual information.

Looks like you have quite a lot of different content, this might be the reason you aren't getting subscribers watching every video. If they subscribe because of one type of content then you upload something else they may not like watching that. Try to focus on one area or even possibly make a separate channel if you are doing something completely different.

Best way to get your name out there is interact with the forums of a specific game you are playing. So if you play COD, join a COD forum (no idea if they have one as I've never played it) or reddit and talk with others, make tutorials and guides etc.

MakePeaceNotWar24

Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2015
Pittsburgh
YouTube
Well i mostly play like 3 games. Battlefield, cod and csgo. i know to get myself out their sticking to 1 or 2 games is best but i like to upload what i want and play games people like. like i dont want to be known as just a cod player or just a tutorial doer. I see tons of youtubers upload and do the same thing for so long and they just get burnt out and get tired of doing that 1 thing and i dont want to get burnt out. i mean with bo3 comming out that will mostly be my focus and possibly halo. There are tons of games comming out that i like to play so why not make a video on it. i watch youtubers who upload different games not just the same thing bc it keeps it fresh and makes me look foward to the next episode. i have tried forums to promote especially reddit and it doesnt work. people dont view. My best advertisement came from paying for advertisement. And i have talked with other but usually people are bigger than me so they dont want to help bc it doesnt benefit them.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Well i mostly play like 3 games. Battlefield, cod and csgo. i know to get myself out their sticking to 1 or 2 games is best but i like to upload what i want and play games people like. like i dont want to be known as just a cod player or just a tutorial doer. I see tons of youtubers upload and do the same thing for so long and they just get burnt out and get tired of doing that 1 thing and i dont want to get burnt out. i mean with bo3 comming out that will mostly be my focus and possibly halo. There are tons of games comming out that i like to play so why not make a video on it. i watch youtubers who upload different games not just the same thing bc it keeps it fresh and makes me look foward to the next episode. i have tried forums to promote especially reddit and it doesnt work. people dont view. My best advertisement came from paying for advertisement. And i have talked with other but usually people are bigger than me so they dont want to help bc it doesnt benefit them.
Then my advice would be to start out doing 1 thing on your channel, like COD. Then, once you build a fanbase who like you as a creator more than what you play, you can branch out. That's my plan, and it's working thus far.

Play whatever other games you want in your free time, but just don't upload it. Stick to what your viewers subscribed for (for now) until they fall in love with you. That's how you will grow faster. But, if you don't care too much about quick growth, upload whatever you feel like.

MakePeaceNotWar24

Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2015
Pittsburgh
YouTube
Then my advice would be to start out doing 1 thing on your channel, like COD. Then, once you build a fanbase who like you as a creator more than what you play, you can branch out. That's my plan, and it's working thus far.

Play whatever other games you want in your free time, but just don't upload it. Stick to what your viewers subscribed for (for now) until they fall in love with you. That's how you will grow faster. But, if you don't care too much about quick growth, upload whatever you feel like.
Thanks man even though cod is becomming more dead each year maybe i can think of something. even if i post cod i feel unless i promote it good because my channel has been up and down for 3 years. i started a yr then took 9 months off because of my computer breaking then i did sub for sub and that messed up my channel so i think because of bad choices in the past it has hindered my channel