Solved Channel suspended falsely & Freedom doing nothing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey Yankey

New User
May 1, 2017
Hi, So I live in a household where I share 1 laptop with my siblings and each of us have youtube channels right so 1 of my siblings filed a copyright complaint against a youtuber and youtube found his complaint to be fraudulent so they terminated his account. Fair enoguh, me on the other hand's channel also happened to get terminated because apparently it was "linked to the submission of fradulent information on our legal webforms" but I did not attempt to file any copyright complaint, I literally did nothing fraudulent on my channel but it got terminated. Now freedom promised me the day I joined that if my channel gets terminated they would try to help but they are not doing anything! It has been nearly a month and they keep ignoring my tickets!

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hi, So I live in a household where I share 1 laptop with my siblings and each of us have youtube channels right so 1 of my siblings filed a copyright complaint against a youtuber and youtube found his complaint to be fraudulent so they terminated his account. Fair enoguh, me on the other hand's channel also happened to get terminated because apparently it was "linked to the submission of fradulent information on our legal webforms" but I did not attempt to file any copyright complaint, I literally did nothing fraudulent on my channel but it got terminated. Now freedom promised me the day I joined that if my channel gets terminated they would try to help but they are not doing anything! It has been nearly a month and they keep ignoring my tickets!
As mentioned above Freedom does not ignore support tickets, it could be that your constant replies are triggering the anti-spam filter that is in place, and pushing your ticket further down the queue, I know its distressing but you should try and be patient while you / Freedom can sort this matter out. It could be that because you share a laptop Youtube assumed both were associated with the same person and terminated them to prevent further copyright.

As mentioned by LW001 you can fill an appeal (which is also what Freedom would do on your behalf) to get this matter resolved, though ultimately its up to YouTube whether or not they will accept the reasoning provided and unsuspend / un-terminate your channel.

Upvote 0

Casey Yankey

New User
May 1, 2017
A It could be that because you share a laptop Youtube assumed both were associated with the same person and terminated them to prevent further copyright.

As mentioned by LW001 you can fill an appeal (which is also what Freedom would do on your behalf) to get this matter resolved, though ultimately its up to YouTube whether or not they will accept the reasoning provided and unsuspend / un-terminate your channel.
Yes that is why and also I have filed an appeal but freedom is taking too long with the responses and can't they get it back to me ASAP? my old network curse never did this nonsense.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Yes that is why and also I have filed an appeal but freedom is taking too long with the responses and can't they get it back to me ASAP? my old network curse never did this nonsense.
They will try and respond and sort out the issue as soon as possible however as mentioned above the appeals are handled by YouTube and are not influenced by the network you may or not be with. You just need to be patient in regards to the appeal, complaining about how long its taking isn't going to make it go any faster

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.