LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
Hey everyone!

One of my favorite YouTubers did a 24-hour charity stream the day before Easter. He raised about $1300 for cancer research in the UK. I think that charity streams and a really cool thing and I have a lot of respect for him because he does them. I hope to do one someday.
What do you all think of charity streams?

LtGeneralStore Gaming

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I would personally love to do one, but I feel like I wouldn't get enough viewers / donations and would defeat the whole purpose of the charity streams. But I would do it for dog rescue and shelters. :)

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Man... people love charities... sucks...

Cause i see them as schemes and would never involve myself in collecting for a charity.

Last time I collected for charities (Child Find, SPCA, MADD Etc.) I was discusted that over 80% of proceeds when to the collector, managers, and owner of the charity. :(

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube

Cause i see them as schemes and would never involve myself in collecting for a charity.

Last time I collected for charities (Child Find, SPCA, MADD Etc.) I was discusted that over 80% of proceeds when to the collector, managers, and owner of the charity. :(

That's really only to like .. big corporation charities, though, for example, Susan B Komen. I swear 90% of their proceeds go to suing people for using their ribbon logo, or something like that. The reason why I want to donate to animal shelters, not only because I love animals, is that you can use the money donated to purchase dog food, beds, toys, collars, etc. With animal shelters, it's not always monetary.

Reactions: ThatNerdWithTheHair

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
That's really only to like .. big corporation charities, though, for example, Susan B Komen. I swear 90% of their proceeds go to suing people for using their ribbon logo, or something like that. The reason why I want to donate to animal shelters, not only because I love animals, is that you can use the money donated to purchase dog food, beds, toys, collars, etc. With animal shelters, it's not always monetary.
Yeah best to donate locally to specific shelters and stuff... like I said... the SPCA was one of the culprits that turned me against most charities. They use theyre charity as a job creation tool around here :(

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore

There are a lot of charities that misuse the money that is donated to them. I'm sure if you did some research you could find charities that actually use the money for helping people.

SPC RedIrish

Rising User
Apr 6, 2016
New Hampshire
YouTube
Its important to see what the pay rates of CEO and Execs are before donating. Im an Iraq war vet and I will never donate to Wounded Warrior Project because only .16 cent per $1 goes to helping Vets. ( or close enough to make no difference)

Reactions: krisfire

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
Its important to see what the pay rates of CEO and Execs are before donating. Im an Iraq war vet and I will never donate to Wounded Warrior Project because only .16 cent per $1 goes to helping Vets. ( or close enough to make no difference)
Yes definitely, I have heard a lot of bad things about how the Wounded Warrior Project misuses the money donated to them. It drives me crazy.

krisfire

Freedom! Member
First off I gotta say thank you for your service. And you're right about checking the pay rates.

I personally love charity streams but you just gotta know who the money is going to, big time charities that are mostly pocket liners are obviously a big no no but there's some big ones that are legit. I want to do one for depression awareness come october, i'm not sure whether I want to do it as a donation type thing or just raise awareness lol but I digress, I'm a fan of them depending on the streamer and the charity.

Reactions: SPC RedIrish

ThatNerdWithTheHair

Freedom! Member
Apr 18, 2016
YouTube
nerdwiththehair
I love charity livestreams! Never witnessed one since I'm always hearing about them too late, but I love the idea!

One of my goals is to do a charity stream for Cystic Fibrosis, since it's something I suffer from.

Unfortunately, I don't even have any good systems for gameplay other than my phone. My laptop can't handle games right now.. So, when I get a new laptop for my birthday, get into doing more gameplays, I'd love to give it a shot!