Computer Help (Building Gaming Desktop)...

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
I am currently saving money to build my own gaming desktop. I have plans to make a D.I.Y video and would want to know what would be the best of the best things to get to make the best gaming desktop. Anything you put will help and in the future, I will do a D.I.Y video on the final product. I will give credit to everybody who helps me with this project.
Thank You all,
Nostalgic Gamer

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
Definitely would recommend sites like PCPartsPicker. I used it to make my machine. It also tells you if parts are compatible with each other or not.

Personally, I would say that Intel is definitely the way to go. I went with the Core i5 6500, and it's great. Didn't see much better performance to cost from the Core i7. For graphics I personally think Nvidia is better than AMD. The GTX 1060 or 1070 are solid choices, just make sure you have a good enough power supply.

Also recommend an ultra wide monitor. It's definitely worth the extra cost. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Nostalgic Gamer

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
Definitely would recommend sites like PCPartsPicker. I used it to make my machine. It also tells you if parts are compatible with each other or not.

Personally, I would say that Intel is definitely the way to go. I went with the Core i5 6500, and it's great. Didn't see much better performance to cost from the Core i7. For graphics I personally think Nvidia is better than AMD. The GTX 1060 or 1070 are solid choices, just make sure you have a good enough power supply.

Also recommend an ultra wide monitor. It's definitely worth the extra cost. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for this information. When I see enough people respond to this, I will go ahead and look up the parts and tally up the costs and resume with the project. I want to see what other people think as well before commencing with the project.