Copying YouTubers ?!?

ashozgaming

Rising User
Jul 28, 2015
YouTube
AshoZGaming
Hey Guys,

Ive seen a bunch of people copying people like The Gaming Lemon, Vanoss, Pewds etc.
Like, thumbnail layouts, sound effects and stuff.

I want to know what you guys think? Wheres the line between drawing inspiration AND flat out ripping of people?

Im guilty of looking at others videos & getting ideas, but personally i dont think ive ever ripped anyone off.

Thanks guys,
Ash

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
If you're talking about like copying their personality or like basically doing everything another youtuber does like word for word, Yea thats kinda stupid. There are somethings that cant help but be copied. Gaming mod reviews, tips and tricks, playthrus. That kinda thing seems ok with me unless you're going out and watching a specific youtuber and just looking to copy their content.

Reactions: ReesFitz92

ashozgaming

Rising User
Jul 28, 2015
YouTube
AshoZGaming
Copycat is just worse, people think that if they copy a populair youtuber they gain quicker views and Subs but it only works the other way. Try to be original and unique on your own.
EXACTLY!! And they couldn't be more wrong!![DOUBLEPOST=1451464459][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you're talking about like copying their personality or like basically doing everything another youtuber does like word for word, Yea thats kinda stupid. There are somethings that cant help but be copied. Gaming mod reviews, tips and tricks, playthrus. That kinda thing seems ok with me unless you're going out and watching a specific youtuber and just looking to copy their content.
Yeah, not just copying personality copying tho. I remember one guy with about 100k subs had his entire video ripped by a guy with 300k subs & just re-record the Vocals over the top...flat out stole his stuff. So bad!!

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
EXACTLY!! And they couldn't be more wrong!![DOUBLEPOST=1451464459][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, not just copying personality copying tho. I remember one guy with about 100k subs had his entire video ripped by a guy with 300k subs & just re-record the Vocals over the top...flat out stole his stuff. So bad!!
Yea shortly after I started with Freedom One of my videos got ripped like that sort of. basically they took my video, cut off my intro and end card and just reupped it. Kinda pissed me off. I was one of the first videos I was really proud of. I spent alot of time on it. Even tho it wasnt all that great it was the first video where i Created my own intro and outro and the first video I actually "editted" instead of just uploading a raw playthru file.