YouTube Copyright Claims

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
This is something that is starting to happen daily with me. I use Position Music in my videos, before nothing out if the ordinary but now I am receiving emails everyday of a copyright claim. Now I know it will go away because we can use Position for free while partnered, but this has never been a daily thing. Does anyone know if this is due to YouTube's new policies? I understand that it happens every once in awhile but not everyday for over 200 videos. That is a lot of emails saying "you got a copyright claim" and 10 minutes later "never mind you're good"

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
YouTube probably has nothing to do with this. Email [email protected] and they'll be able to get that off of ya.
It is YouTube that sends it, I have gotten the emails before and I have fought them, completely unrelated to recent ones, It is just the recent influx of emails that has me wondering if it's just because of the new policies or if they are really hating small channels right now

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
It is YouTube that sends it, I have gotten the emails before and I have fought them, completely unrelated to recent ones, It is just the recent influx of emails that has me wondering if it's just because of the new policies or if they are really hating small channels right now
The claims are handled by PositionMusic. It has nothing to do with any YouTube advertiser thing or whatever. Content ID is equal to all channels (except managed channels in CID Networks) and YT only sends the Emails out as it happens on their platform.

Y

YourSimpleGamer

YouTube emails you letting you know about the claim and or strike and then its up to you to message and or work out something with the claimant. in your cause Posidenmusic

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
It could just be that they (PostionMusic) are using the automatic Content ID system on YouTube to flag where their music is being used and then cracking down on people they find. At least the only good thing about this is that it is relatively easy to fight of a claim as we get the music use / rights based on being partnered with Freedom.