Death to Consoles/PCs

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
You know... the way things are going... no one will need a console or a computer... it will just be tv and smart phones...

Let me explain.
Steam has an option where you can run your game from your pc, and stream it to any other pc connected to your network, even if that computer isn't capable of gaming because all computer power is coming from your main gaming pc... you don't even need to install the game on the secondary pc.

Meaning eventually developers could just power they're games by servers and just stream the game to you without you downloading a thing to a hard drive or even having a console or pc at all really if tvs were setup to run them.

It's kinda crazy...
Just hope the price of pc parts doesn't skyrocket due to lack of demand... because I think there will always be advantages to having a real pc.

Daemonic

New User
Nov 3, 2015
East Coast
twitch.tv
YouTube
An online service called OnLive did that exact thing, and were the first people to do it. They hosted games on their servers and people who had no power to run these games on their PC could play them. Unfortunately, OnLive is dead now due to hackers and a decline of user activity.

It would be really cool if someone picked this up again.

Reactions: Hail Kira

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
You know... the way things are going... no one will need a console or a computer... it will just be tv and smart phones...

Let me explain.
Steam has an option where you can run your game from your pc, and stream it to any other pc connected to your network, even if that computer isn't capable of gaming because all computer power is coming from your main gaming pc... you don't even need to install the game on the secondary pc.

Meaning eventually developers could just power they're games by servers and just stream the game to you without you downloading a thing to a hard drive or even having a console or pc at all really if tvs were setup to run them.

It's kinda crazy...
Just hope the price of pc parts doesn't skyrocket due to lack of demand... because I think there will always be advantages to having a real pc.
I Rather Have A Hard Copy (Smart Phones Or Not Powerful)

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
In fairness the internet is no longer a nice place like in 1996. The community is to big to be nice to each other without having moderators every where. I have moved back from most online gaming. Alone the big networks which were hacked or spammed with information have a language for itself.

Even the US attacked Cloud providers and has also destroyed data of genuine customers and caused millions USD of damage. As long as even stated are hacking genuine customers there is no reason to belive that webspace is secure.

I wouldn `t but a Web-based OS and not be able to play something while the internet connection is down. This was a reason the original plans for the Xbox One were changed.
What are you doing to catch customers like me who just want to have real products instead of some digital sh... for almost same price as a proper copy or customers who just don`t have a fast internet connection. The companies would lose out and that what they don`t want.

Reactions: Hail Kira

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
An online service called OnLive did that exact thing, and were the first people to do it. They hosted games on their servers and people who had no power to run these games on their PC could play them. Unfortunately, OnLive is dead now due to hackers and a decline of user activity.

It would be really cool if someone picked this up again.
Never heard of that service before... but that's pretty cool... I thought that would be cool if we could rent out our systems when we're not using them... kinda like a bit-game-coin system... lol

OnLive Story: http://kotaku.com/onlive-the-first-big-streaming-games-service-is-dead-1695386223

Last edited:

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
I agree having a Physical copy is alot better because of alot of hackers being around which sucks as it is a good idea but unless they can provide enough safety for it to work not keen on it my self , plus having consoles are good I think as it is a different play style I think anyway :)

Reactions: Daemonic