Solved do i need adsense to be re-linked with Freedom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Meekins

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
YouTube
i posted a thread about being unlinked a few days ago and while i was not on my account here it was marked solved even though my Youtube account is still unlinked and i was not told either way if i could join up again

since then i have seen some other threads about this being told to make sure they have a adsense account - why? i don't remember needing one before to be with Freedom, is this down to a Google change and i have since (today) applied again for a new adsense account (don't remember my old one)

will this allow me back into Freedom with my Youtube channel?

ONE & JULLE

Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2017
Finland
YouTube
You didn't need AdSense to monetize your videos before Google changed their requirements.

So, when you have AdSense account you should be able to get back into Freedom

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
i posted a thread about being unlinked a few days ago and while i was not on my account here it was marked solved even though my Youtube account is still unlinked and i was not told either way if i could join up again

since then i have seen some other threads about this being told to make sure they have a adsense account - why? i don't remember needing one before to be with Freedom, is this down to a Google change and i have since (today) applied again for a new adsense account (don't remember my old one)

Sadly, once unlinked you will need to be in the YPP again to be relinked with Freedom!. I'm not sure on whether you need AdSense for that though I can imagine. If your YouTube Features page says "Partner verified" like so:

you can be relinked to Freedom!.

Also if a thread was marked as Solved, you can still tell us you still have issues and we'll be happy to change the Status back to "In Progress" again.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube

Technically you don't need an adsense account to partner with Freedom you just need active monetisation on your YouTube dashboard - which means signing up for adsense. This previously wasn't needed but with new changes this is now one of the requirements to ensuring only channels with 'good standing' can join the network and to prevent 'bad' channels from manipulating things. I'm sorry it seems like I changed the status of your previous thread a little too hastily, though I did seem that CrazyLawrence had outlined that relinking is down to the support team and their wasn't much we could do on the forums for you.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
i have just had my application to adsense rejected - please help if possible - i really need to know what to do next
I took the following information from their support page
"If your AdSense application has not been approved, please refer first to the email we sent you – it contains more details on why your application was disapproved. Below, we've collected some of the most common disapproval reasons and the next steps you should follow:
  • There was a problem with your contact details or name
    Sign in under www.google.com/adsense with the email address you first applied with. On the next page, you'll see a form where you can correct your name and address data and resubmit the application.
  • You already have an account under another email address
    AdSense policies only allow one account per publisher. Follow the steps in the email we sent you to either keep using your existing account or move to a new account. Make sure that you follow the instructions in the email rather than just closing your old account, as doing so will require you to submit a new application with a different email address.
    Publishers whose accounts have been disabled for invalid traffic or policy violations are not allowed to open a new AdSense account.
  • Your site was down or unavailable
    While reviewing your submitted site, we found that your site was down or unavailable. If you applied through an AdSense host partner, such as YouTube or Blogger, your hosted site was not available or not found (removed) at the time of the review.
    We suggest that you check your application to see if there was a typo in the URL that you submitted. When your site, blog or YouTube channel is operational, you can re-submit your application with the correct URL. We’ll be happy to take another look at your application.
  • There was a problem with the content on your site
    Review the AdSense programme policies and content policies to make sure that your site is compliant. Keep in mind that we may review all pages where you place ad code, not just the URL you specified in the sign-up form. Additionally, we recommend you review our Webmaster Guidelines. After you've adjusted the content of your site, you can resubmit your application under www.google.com/adsense.
You can see the full article and they ways to address content issues here

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.