Do you like board games like chess ?

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
I personally dont really like them, even though i grew up playing checkers with my grandfather it never stuck to me, checkers didint have much depth (atleast in my eyes). Later on I tried chess, that looked fun... but rules were actually more complicated than the game, it had a very simple goal with quite complicated rules set, so once again after learning the rules it didint stick with me.

Moving on to curent time I am playing Go and it seems to have everything that chess and checkers missed. The rules are so simple that anyone can play it, goal of the game is as easy to understand as it is for chess, BUT it has depth ! I've been playing and learning things for few weeks and I still have no idea how much I know and ammount of things I dont... I cant even put my mind on that.

So what do you guys think about such games ? Is there anything you like playing in free time or would like to learn ? Any cool stories maybe :) ?

PS: i had an interesting game of Go online today, here is how the board looked at the end: http://prntscr.com/8sw1ag

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
Ah yes, I did play chess a long time ago, really enjoyed it :) The only board game that I ever played actually. Can't say that at first when I played chess I liked it (when I was a kid) but around I think 2-3 years ago I started playing chess and appreciated it more.

Pskovanion

Dutch Moderator
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Chess all the way! I dont like checkers either because it doesnt seem to deep!

Ik not too good anymore at chess but im very eager to get better at it again!

Also, Monopoly/Risk anyone? :D

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I used to enjoy chess when I was really little and it was more about randomly moving pieces wherever. Once you start playing more seriously I find it starts to lose it's fun, also was never really that good at it.

Monopoly was great fun, haven't played that for ages though. Never even played Go before, will have to... give it a go :D

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
I used to enjoy chess when I was really little and it was more about randomly moving pieces wherever. Once you start playing more seriously I find it starts to lose it's fun, also was never really that good at it.

Monopoly was great fun, haven't played that for ages though. Never even played Go before, will have to... give it a go :D
ill play you any time :D

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I sorta like them... but mostly not...

I called them Bored Games, not Board Games.... lol

Because back in the day board games were pretty popular thing to do when it's raining, especially when camping...

My favorites though were. ..
Monopoly (i kinda collect Monopoly games)
Atmosphere (a horror video board game... was pretty awesome to play with friends)
Magic (card game... if that counts)