Do YOU think Fallout 4 will make Game of The Year?

Lewis king

Rising User
Nov 18, 2015
In my opinion i think it will, the Fallout series itself has always been a very innovative and well designed series of games, however the sheer fact that the Player can now create their own settlements with living, breathing settlers that carry out jobs for you, is astounding.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenManX

Rising User
Nov 17, 2015
Europe
YouTube
I think they gone little bit to far with all those details but if you don't wanna waist time on that stuff and you prefer gaming instead of tweaking you can always skip that stuff and just play the game!

Reactions: Lewis king

ValiuM

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 13, 2015
Macedonia, Skopje
YouTube
In my opinion i think it will, the Fallout series itself has always been a very innovative and well designed series of games, however the sheer fact that the Player can now create their own settlements with living, breathing settlers that carry out jobs for you, is astounding.

What do you think?
To be honest, Fallout isnt a fun game for me. But there are many games that are coming out soon so I don't think it will be in the top 5 even.

Minoumimi

Founder Of GameByteTV Network
Freedom! Member
Oct 15, 2014
Canada
www.gamebytetv.com
YouTube
networkgbtv
i personally totally dislike it
i won't put my time creating Mods for it and i am not the only creator who thinks this way
and if creators do not mod it then it won't become popular at all on pc
Skyrim and new vegas i easily wasted 14 000 hours of my time creating physics,animations,armors,Races,weapons
And..yes NV isn't even that good
So if NV is worth it and not fo4 then lol id say noway they can get goty
Graphics are horrible it looks way too cartoony all though i could probably waste 3 weeks to create a ENB to fix that
and its filled with bugs and the Mod creator part of it is even worst. they didnt even release G.E.C.K for it... so ya
So unless they fix all that i seriously think they do not even stand a chance for goty
But then again 60% of my steam friend list is playing it all day long so maybe it could
But i personally totally dislike it and most likely won't ever buy it until it drops on sale for 10$
Or if someone buys it for me since it has already been requested of me atleast 20 times to convert my NV mods to it

Lewis king

Rising User
Nov 18, 2015
i personally totally dislike it
i won't put my time creating Mods for it and i am not the only creator who thinks this way
Skyrim and new vegas i easily wasted 14 000 hours of my time creating physics,animations,armors,Races,weapons
And..yes NV isn't even that good
So if NV is worth it and not fo4 then lol id say noway they can get goty
Graphics are horrible it looks way too cartoony all though i could probably waste 3 weeks to create a ENB to fix that
and its filled with bugs and the Mod creator part of it is even worst. they didnt even release G.E.C.K for it... so ya
So unless they fix all that i seriously think they do not even stand a chance for goty
But then again 60% of my steam friend list is playing it all day long so maybe it could
But i personally totally dislike it and most likely won't ever buy it until it drops on sale for 10$
Or if someone buys it for me since it has already been requested of me atleast 20 times to convert my NV mods to it
I respect your opinion dude, you have a very valid point.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I am going to say they have a good chance to win goty.

I think that is a little of a stretch here. There are already well over 1,000 mods on Nexus. It's fine if you will not put your time into modding the game, but I can assure you there will be plenty to take your place. So it really hardly matters.

As for it becoming popular on PC? I think it pretty much already is. I don't know if it will be as successful as Skyrim, but Bethesda certainly does believe so, they are even projecting it to surpass Skyrim. It's actually already performing better in sales, so guess we will just have to wait and see.

and its filled with bugs and the Mod creator part of it is even worst.
Graphics are not terrible. They are just not as good as current gen games. But that is pretty obvious why that is the case considering they are using the same engine as they used for Skyrim.

Also .. there are plenty of ENB's that already exist.

KJL

Rising User
Oct 26, 2015
Too many upcoming long awaited games coming out so I don't think it will personally

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
Do I believe it will be game of the year? Eehhh....no. I did play Fallout 4 a bit at a friend and talked about the game with him. Now I am not gonna bring the argument of graphics. Yes, the graphics are not that great like other people said, but I don't consider it a problem for me, it looks pretty solid for me and that is enough. However what I don't like is that they basically watered down the RPG elements and made it more Shooter:
- You only have perks, no points to add on different categories like medicine, guns, melee, energy weapons etc.
- Dialogue options are too simple now. Also in some cases whatever you choose will bring the same results.
- No durability for weapons. No repairing.
I enjoy the game, even with these changes, but is it game of the year material, hmm I don't think so.

Reactions: riganthor

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
Do I believe it will be game of the year? Eehhh....no. I did play Fallout 4 a bit at a friend and talked about the game with him. Now I am not gonna bring the argument of graphics. Yes, the graphics are not that great like other people said, but I don't consider it a problem for me, it looks pretty solid for me and that is enough. However what I don't like is that they basically watered down the RPG elements and made it more Shooter:
- You only have perks, no points to add on different categories like medicine, guns, melee, energy weapons etc.
- Dialogue options are too simple now. Also in some cases whatever you choose will bring the same results.
I enjoy the game, even with these changes, but is it game of the year material, hmm I don't think so.
What system did you play it on? The major point of buying it was "graphics" from what I've heard.

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
What system did you play it on? The major point of buying it was "graphics" from what I've heard.
you should really watch some vids on fallout4. Graphically its inferior to any AAA game that came out this year and last year because bethesda is still using their old engine.

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
On the PC, and....what do you mean by ''major point of buying it was graphics''? I want more details please.
And what kind of PC did your friend have? Max settings? and uhhhh, people said it was graphically beautiful.

you should really watch some vids on fallout4. Graphically its inferior to any AAA game that came out this year and last year because bethesda is still using their old engine.

That's sad lol.

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
And what kind of PC did your friend have? Max settings? and uhhhh, people said it was graphically beautiful.

That's sad lol.

He had max settings. Also, ok, people say the graphics are beautiful, ok, but what did they say about the other stuff though? gameplay, story, the rpg elements etc. Graphics is not the major point for buying it, and really, when I think of Fallout, graphics is not the first word to think of because that is not the main focus when gameplay/exploring/story should be.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
- You only have perks, no points to add on different categories like medicine, guns, melee, energy weapons etc

I really don't think that is a good point. It's essentially the same system just without the numbers and is now tied into perks. It's still as customizable as it was before, it's just done differently now. If anything, I would say it's a whole lot smarter system.

Agreed, but you have to realize .. the more options there are the longer it takes to make the game, or the more you have to rehash already used lines. Honestly, for me 4 options are plenty, especially now since it's a voiced protagonist.

I think that is a good thing. I typically hate games that make you repair weapons as it does nothing for the overall experience of the game. It's just one less boring thing that doesn't need to be done. It's not something that made a game harder, it wasn't something that made the game fun, it was just a mechanic there for the sake of being there.

As for the graphics. I really don't know what the hell everyone is complaining about. It looks fine. Who the heck cares if it's not as graphical as some AAA games out there. Not every damned game needs to look the same. As far as I can tell .. the game looks fine.

If I had any complaint about the game, it would be the performance of the game. Which I blame mostly on the crappy engine it runs on.